Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ JUQ, HG0B
    Suspension
    Web with Triangles
    Images
    I also use a cpap, remstar.
    If you go with the diy battery option, buy the protection circuits.

I keep a battery for power outages/disasters and as fate would have it, have lost power for approx 4 weeks during the last 2 years.

My recent post on the cpap and hanging it in the hammock

The battery is fine for car camping and I go 4-5 nights on a single charge.
    Haven't used the humidifier in many months.

Been sleeping in the hammock outdoors for the last 30 days and the battery makes it all possible.

2weeks from now will be my first hang in the wild (Big Cypress FL) and yes I have a cpap machine with nasal pillows. I slept in my skeeter beeter last weekend in the yard and it was not bad. I now have a mesh backpack that i am suspending on the end of my 2x4 hammock stand for the cpap machine. I will sleep with this arrangement tonight then re-evaluate. I live in Florida so nights are really humid so I do not need additional humidification. I am going camping for 10 days and hope to further hone my gear during that time. I am purchasing a set of tree straps in case i get brave. As it stands now I will be in a 12x12 canopy with insect netting until I brave the trees if there are any at the campground. At 67 most of my friends think that I have lost my mind, But I have not. Hopefully I will find a better place out there.

Hammock
    Dangerbird
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix/Klymit
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I find that in the morning when I'm just waking up in the hammock and the machine's doing all the breathing for me, it's just about as relaxed as you can get and still be alive. The other boys at the campsite are all up and trying to stretch / walk off those bruises and cramps from sleeping on the ground. Me, I'm just enjoying my cocoon until i get hungry enough to get up and make breakfast or do my morning constitutionals. They might think you're crazy now, but after 10 days sleeping on the ground looking up at you, they'll re-think things. I wouldn't be surprised if we start to see a few of them on the forums trying to figure out how to trick out their new hanging gear.
    A lotta ins... lotta outs... lotta what-have-you's

Hammock
    Thunderbird
    Tarp
    ShangriLa&BullFrog
    Insulation
    zepplin, burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies

CPAP Hammocking

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369702296.822284.jpg

Dutchware has these great little quilt clips that make hanging the cpap and the battery from the ridgeline easy. A firm press and they unclip.
    “I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.”
    ― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Hammock
    Dangerbird
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix/Klymit
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    wow... I think I want a Transcend even more than I want my apnea cured. Nice setup. I sure could use the extra room in my pack getting rid of the beast i'm lugging around.
    A lotta ins... lotta outs... lotta what-have-you's

Hammock
    Thunderbird
    Tarp
    ShangriLa&BullFrog
    Insulation
    zepplin, burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies

CPAP Hammocking

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369706500.083991.jpg

Found a picture that gives a bit better perspective. That's a damp wash cloth on the machine. Not sure if it will do squat... too warm today to test.

BTW- I installed to flexible pieces of hosing that I found on cpap.com and it really helps with the mask staying sealed as I move around in the hammock. Made a big difference when it the machine was above my head in a peak bag from 2QZQ.
    “I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.”
    ― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20°
    That's a great use of Dutchware I'd be surprised if the washcloth made much difference to the humidity of inspired cold air, but you never know.

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    Just in the for-for-what-it-is-worth. You might be in real danger by not using your C.P.A.P. For one thing is you are not getting proper sleep you are more apt to have assorted health problems. Such as high Blood Pressure and heart conditions. You are at higher risk of auto mobile accidents, industrial accidents and trip and fall type injuries. Not sleeping well affects your personality, your ability to focus and your disposition.

If you have the right C.P.A.P. set up it should not be a miserable experience. I had a lot of trouble adjusting to my machine in the beginning. I tried several generators and types of head gear. I finally found the correct set up for me. I have a ResMed 9 Autoset. It works with me not against me. I just love it, my world changed, with that machine.

ANOTHER IMPORTANT BIT OF INFORMATION. I WAS STOPPING BREATHING IN THE NIGHT BECAUSE MY HEART WAS STOPPING! Yes, my heart was stopping, one day it did not restart on its own. I had several shocks from a defibrillator before they were able to start my heart.

Needing a C.P.A.P. is serious business. If yours is awful get some help finding what works for you. I hate any thing on my face, yet I found a set up that works for me. My device is very quiet. The hose is heated so I do not get rained out anymore.

I use my old AUTOSET when I go Hanging. With my device working I do not wake up with a headache anymore.

Hammock
    XLC, DIY, GT Dbl for day hiking
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ JUQ, HG0B
    Suspension
    Web with Triangles
    Images
    I like the transcend unit.
    My only cocnern was battery life.
    They are good for 1 or 2 nights depending on the optional battery purchased.

It is much lighter and smaller though. My complete setup is weighing in at about 6 lbs. Fortunately hanging from the amsteel ridgeline is no problem.

Either way, I won't leave home without it.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast