UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ Full Set
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images

New bug net from Kammock: ENO Guardian?

Details can be found HERE.

Just looking at it, I don't see any difference (aside from zipper orientation) from the ENO Guardian bugnet. Anybody else?
    I used to be a somebody, now I just camp.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12'
    Insulation
    Snugpak
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    The name? But in all seriousness and honesty, from what I've seen around the Internet, both these companies have overseas factories that manufacture wholesale hammock gear and just put their respective logos on some of it. A quick search on amazon and you will find hammocks the exact specs of ENO for 80% cheaper from wholesale Chinese factories.

I don't even know if I'm making any sense... It does in my head, but not in writing
    The Urban Outdoorsman- inspiring people to get out and enjoy the great outdoors

View my blog here- http://cityoutdoorsman.wordpress.com

Instagram: Nature_Pro_Pics
    Twitter: @cityoutdoorsman

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Well, if the hammocks themselves are any indication from these vendors, first looks aren't always proof. I found a big difference between the two hammocks in my review:
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ad.php?t=49696

I would guess that the Kammok will be a higher quality product. It looks like it has incorporated the 5 ridgeline loops to be double-ended, in that they also act as gear loops inside the netting to hang gear from (flashlight, binered water bottle?). The lines appear to have reflective threading (which I personally like - I have black reflective from LawsonOutdoors). Then there's the weight, about 1/3 less (16 vs 10.5?). This with the bug net being 10' long, instead of 9'.

WB also sells a "Traveler" bug net, which has a half moon zipper. It is also oriented horizontally. But, it is a much larger opening. It doesn't hang from a ridgeline, instead using rings at each end.

I had the WB version, but sold it to a friend. His daughter sat in it and promptly ripped it out (you have to have the underside about a foot or more below the hammock). I guess the real question will be the price point. I think the ENO is $60 and the WB is $65.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by djminnesota View Post
    The name? But in all seriousness and honesty, from what I've seen around the Internet, both these companies have overseas factories that manufacture wholesale hammock gear and just put their respective logos on some of it. A quick search on amazon and you will find hammocks the exact specs of ENO for 80% cheaper from wholesale Chinese factories.

I don't even know if I'm making any sense... It does in my head, but not in writing
    There's actually quite a bit of difference to them - quality wise. As far as the same ideas, there are some that are (hammocks weren't designed yesterday, being around for likely thousands of years). I don't know if they're manufactured overseas, but likely as it affects the price. On the other hand, there's some extra quality in the Kammok. The fabric is completely different, as are the biners and racer slings.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Dangerbird
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ Full Set
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    Heard back from Kammok:

Hey John - it is different in the size (larger), weight (lighter), and premium materials. However, it is not too functionally different from other 360 hammock nets on the market.

The mesh is a new material we've been working on. We call it Dragonet™ - it would be closest to a nano-noseeum. Its a super fine/ultra light noseeum. Its very difficult to produce because of how fine it is.
    I used to be a somebody, now I just camp.

• + New Posts