Happy-Medium UL
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben
    Insulation
    EE Revolt 30·
    Suspension
    Myerstech Becket

Custom Te-Wa Breeze

So a couple months ago I had purchased a custom uq from Te-Wa. I had him make a Breeze out of Momentum50. Finally got it in yesterday and WOW, is it amazing!

40* rating, could be slightly lower because of the wind resistance of the momentum. Final weight, before cutting any of the shock cord down is 8.3 oz. I can say that I'm mightly pleased with that being a SUL backpacker.

Will put it to the test this weekend, lows should be mid-low 40's.

Hammock
    DIY PolyD 1.2
    Tarp
    DIY .74 oz cuben
    Insulation
    Marmot Mod & DIY
    Suspension
    Dynaglide & Anchor

Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by sethmcalister View Post
    So a couple months ago I had purchased a custom uq from Te-Wa. I had him make a Breeze out of Momentum50. Finally got it in yesterday and WOW, is it amazing!

40* rating, could be slightly lower because of the wind resistance of the momentum. Final weight, before cutting any of the shock cord down is 8.3 oz. I can say that I'm mightly pleased with that being a SUL backpacker.

Congratulations, Seth! That is my dream UQ; so yes, please, let us know how it works, okay?

Last edited by MDSH; 05-21-2013 at 18:17.
    Mike

Learn to survive and thrive in any situation, for you never know what might happen. Love family and friends passionately. Suffer no fool. Know your purpose in life and follow it with all your heart.

Hammock
    1.9oz DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    DIY UCR
    I love my standard 20* TeWa. Great gear.

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    One of the few I've been eyeballing for some time!
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

Hammock
    DIY 11" 1.1 black ripstop
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    tewa and HG
    Suspension
    UCRs/Dutchbling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sethmcalister View Post

That's exactly what I had ordered from Mike as well, I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it! I ordered black and red M50 and had him overstuff them. I am excited about trying them out... Still waiting though... I've heard nothing but great things about Mikes work. Looking forward to a trip report after this weekend.

Hammock
    Happy-Medium UL
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben
    Insulation
    EE Revolt 30·
    Suspension
    Myerstech Becket

Trip Report

So took the ole hammock and new UQ out Sunday night right on the edge of the ocean. I forgot my thermometer, but downtown Portsmouth reached a low of 42* with winds of about 5-10 mph.

I didn't actually get into the hammock until about 2 AM, but the low hit around 4-5 AM. The hammock and UQ were setup in the dark so it's tough to say whether i had it perfectly or not. That being said, I experienced a tad bit of chill on my legs without anything.

Fortunately, I brought my cut-down z-lite that covered my but to my legs. Slept like a baby til about 10. Couldnt' be any happier. I had my Minus33 tops and bottoms on and expedition SmartWool socks and WM Caribou bag. I'm fairly certain I will be able to push into the high 30's maybe lower 30's with the M50. Only time will tell. Thinking about picking up some of the lighter evafoam for my bottom half since my z-lite still weighs about 5.71 oz. I have a two panel section, but i'm not sure if that will cut the mustard or not.

Overall, EXTREMELY happy with the final results.

Hammock
    DIY 11" 1.1 black ripstop
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    tewa and HG
    Suspension
    UCRs/Dutchbling
    Images
    Really glad to hear you had such a good experience with the UQ, I'm still anxiously waiting on mine! Been close to a month since he received the M50. Try a small sheet of reflectix for your legs. I'm certain it weighs less than the foam and will probably insulate a little bit better. You can get some at Lowes or Home Depot in the home insulation section. I made a koozie for a water bottle the other day and it kept the contents cool all day in a hot car. Great stuff! Thanks for the update!! Happy hanging!

Hammock
    DIY End Channel
    Tarp
    DIY Winter tarp
    Insulation
    UGQ and HG
    Suspension
    Kevlar, amsteel.
    Images

Re: Custom Te-Wa Breeze

I've been admiring tewa quilts for a while, congrats on the new gear, but I have to wonder whether this really happened... pics please!

Just ordered a Breeze from Mike at Tewa. Quick response to acknowledge my payment and to provide an estimated shipment date. I'm looking forward to reporting on the quality of this UQ and to compare it to my JRB and AHE quilts.

• + New Posts