Tarp
    Diy Silnylon,
    Insulation
    SB con to UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Webbing

Canada Victoria Day long weekend trip report

Canada Victoria Day long weekend trip report

On the thursday before the long weekend we took the kids out of school and headed of off to some crown land up near spectacle lakes. Once we got there we got the kids fries from specctacle lakes lodge. then drove back down the road to find the trail. Had a hard time finding the trail head as there was no real pull off to park. but we found it, so we got our backpacks and started down or should i say up the trail,

talk about a trail totally taking you in the wrong direction well this one sure did, so were heading along and it and now it's about 7pm and hoping to hit our spot well before dark. was not looking forward to night hiking.

It was a killer and i realized that i can no longer hike, i've had diabetes for about 10 years and have it under control with meds and insulin, but it has still caused heath issues.
    I ripped my achillies tendon 2 years ago and from it developed diabetic neuropathy in my left leg, On he hike my leg gave out and i had a hard time walking even more so with a pack, So we stopped and talked about what we should do and my family wanted to keep going till we hit camp, so my daughter who's 11 and my wife took turns leap frogging back and forth to bring my pack. (Ya i kknw awesome family)

So we setup camp made a fire had a coffee, went to bed, What a night could not sleep, awake all night it got cold to about -5c but we were warm, just could not sleep with my leg. Got up in the morning early and we headed back out because of my leg. Katrina my wife and Shalynn again kept going back and forth to bring my pack up, there was just no way i could add the extra weight on my leg .
    We got to the car and packed up took some T3's and i made the decision we just had to keep camping for the rest of the weekend. So I drove to muskoka to go home lake and we packed our packs on a water taxi and sped off down go home lake to pikes point. Pikes point is secluded and all crown land, you can only get there by boat. so the boat dropped us off and we made arrangements to be picked up the next day. Ah that night we had a fire and i left the family and went to bed yese in my hammock Ah sweet bliss asleep in 5 minutes the wife says. Had a nice sleep between pain and being so tired i sleep well, shoulders got alittle chilled and air pillow got cold but overall it was a nice sleep.

Saturday moring we packed up and too the boat back to the marina loaded up and drove to Algonquin Park and decided to camp at Pog lake, so i went and rented a canoe and took my kids and wife out for thier first time, There was a method to this as we all decided there is no way i can do the hikes anymore so things need to change. Looks like we will be getting a couple canoes, cannot hike but I sure can canoe on a lake or even a couple lakes as long as the portages are not long and camp.

I planned on doing a video trip report during the weekend but that changed but we do have some video of moose, kids were excited they saw beaver, mose, deer, wild turkey all in all they counted 9 times they saw a moose, so below are a few pictures and a video of the moose and turkey

So the long and short of this, yes i'm now limited but as the family says we can still do things just need to change it up and do more car camping or close to the car. Or my hope canoe camping as well.

So here are 2 moose video's 1 is te original one and the second is a edted video that my wife and kids did. enjoy

Attached Images Attached Images
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BlackBird
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Down top & bottom
    Suspension
    Strap and buckle
    Images
    Great report.
    My dad, when he could not walk so well anymore (spine problems combined with Parkinson's) spent more time canoeing. Still got him outside and happy.
    -Liz -

• + New Posts