OK kids-

I've organized a MeetUp group out here in Colorado for hammock camping and hiking. I've built the little MeetUp page and will unleash it on the unsuspecting public in a couple of days. I wanted to show "my people" the site first and get some opinions on the content. Obviously, I have not scheduled a MeetUp event yet. Genuine Draft and I will be doing a little scouting this weekend for an appropriate site.

Just wanted to let you folks see what's going on over here on the West side of the mighty Mississippi (that's almost as much fun to type as it is to spell out loud ). If you are a Colorado hanger, or just want to join, please do! I've promised the people that join (welcome email) that if I can't answer a hammock question for them, that I have legions of hammock hangers that can assist. That means you!

Anyhow, this should give me a solid platform from which to aid in the launch of what is currently being called "World Hammock Day" as well as any smaller festivals/events that I am able to throw together in the meantime. The ball is rolling, now to keep the momentum.

Here is the site.

What do you think? Be honest, just don't be mean. I'm feeling sensitive today.