silnylon from two sellers - will anyone mists?

dear sirs

i live in brasil and i need to buy some silnylon to make a simple hammock tarp

i found two places that send to my country:

the backwoodsdaydreamer site and a ebay seller

this one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Silnylon-Rip...item1c330e385a

my question is:

- some topics say that some kind of silnylon mists.. other silnylon not... so it seems to be related to product quality (i think..)

does anyone know the product of each seller above and can tell me if any of it does mist under heavy downpur?

if it does not mists, i would like to buy the seconds from daydreamer because of lower prices...but they dont have forest green color right now...

thanks a lot!
    Last edited by amayumi; 05-24-2013 at 19:01. Reason: + details

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    I could be wrong but from what I have read, there doesn't seem to be any correlation to supplier or manufacturer. Backwoods daydreamer is used by many members here so I would order from them.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

hi,
    thanks for the input

if there is no correlation may i understand that some fabrics mists due a bad batch?

well, lets try to reformulate my question

does anyone here suffered misting when using fabrics from any of this sellers?

thanks again!

Hammock
    GT UL
    Tarp
    GG 12X12
    Insulation
    DIY Pod
    Suspension
    Looped Webbing

Re: silnylon from two sellers - will anyone mists?

I have always had good luck with backwoodsdaydreamer. Always great quality and great customer service from my experience.

Hammock
    Trail Lair || Brazilian
    Tarp
    CF w/ doors
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    UCR
    Quote Originally Posted by qcv123 View Post
    I have always had good luck with backwoodsdaydreamer. Always great quality and great customer service from my experience.
    +1 for bwdd.

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    Sil mists when it is pulled taut under either force of the storm pounding down or/and usually as at these times you'll have your shelter adjusted at it's tightest as well. Stretching under either circumstance opens the small pores in the material allowing it to mist through.

This is the nature of the beast and not anything to do with one supplier over the other. Spin material that was used for a bit, as a lighter option to Sil, did have some quality control issues concerning the actual waterproofness of some runs.

CF is the only completely waterproof material currently used for tarps.

You might be confusing Sil's Down Proof differences. I think it's more common than finding a run of badly impregnated Sil.
    "Calendered" material for one, does not insure Down Proof, as some info states. If at anytime you feel a piece of cottage made insulation is "leaking" too much down, usually "clusters" not some dust or just an occasional feather, go ahead and contact the vendor. If an actual problem exists, he'll want to know so he can stop using that particular run of Sil, and will be glad to make it right for you asap.

Some Sil is not Down Proof so unsuitable for Insulation purposes. Some are only Down Resistant, and some like Nobul2 purport to being entirely Down Proof. Feathers may migrate through all of the above, and even only dust, never clusters should migrate through Down Resistant. Down Proof should keep any and all the rest of your gear down free.
    Last edited by Rolloff; 05-24-2013 at 23:30.
    Signature suspended

• + New Posts