Greetings from an infrequent hanger (kids and Chicago will do that to you) who nonetheless relishes the rare outings.

I started hanging in the original Hennessy model in around 2000 (still have it in fact) and then switched to their Aysm Backpacker when it was released. In 2003 or so I was experimenting with using the stock HH Asym tarp as an undercover to hold in a down quilt and posted some how to's on the old egroups/yahoo hammocking group for that. That was a cumbersome and error prone setup although it did let me survive some below freezing nights, but it's so nice to see so many practical and and quality UQ options available now.

Anyway, I recently retired my rarely used but beloved HH Asym for a JRB BMBH UL because I found on my last hang in BWCA two weeks ago that I just could not get as comfortable anymore due to the knee/leg angles in the HH. No doubt a symptom of hitting middle age. The new hammock has me excited again about finding ways to get out more than my one trip every year or two, so that's an added bonus.

I wanted to thank everyone on this forum for all the great tips and advice -- I used this forum extensively when re-kitting my setup with the BMHB UL, Hammock Gear UQ, Toxaway tarp, etc.

Cheers!
3EasyPayments