DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    Clark makes an extremely nice hammock. The materials are all top-notch, and sturdier than any other hammock I own. I'm worried that they are going to become the "gimmicky" hammock maker. Or have become that. I love my Clark, and plan on keeping it for a very long time, and have no worries that it will last that long. But they may be diverging from just making a well made, sturdy, innovative hammock to becoming the "Sharper Image" of hammocking.

Hammock
    Clark / Claytor
    Tarp
    Neo 12 X 12
    Insulation
    Cheap pad
    I also like my Clark NA very much. Yes it was expensive, but it's also American made, and the built in duel weather shields, nets and under pockets make it very versatile . I know there are less expensive models out there, but I don't regret buying mine.

I'll also add this: As I've said before, if I had bought my Claytor first, I doubt I'd have sprung for the Clark...
    The harder I work, the luckier I get.

Why would you pick the Claytor over the Clark? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 6 feet over View Post
    I also like my Clark NA very much. Yes it was expensive, but it's also American made, and the built in duel weather shields, nets and under pockets make it very versatile . I know there are less expensive models out there, but I don't regret buying mine.

I'll also add this: As I've said before, if I had bought my Claytor first, I doubt I'd have sprung for the Clark...

Hammock
    Clark / Claytor
    Tarp
    Neo 12 X 12
    Insulation
    Cheap pad
    Quote Originally Posted by JPC View Post
    Why would you pick the Claytor over the Clark? Thanks.
    Sorry I wasn't clear. My point was that if I had purchased the Claytor first, I'd have been happy enough that I doubt I would have spent the greater amount of money to even try a Clark.

I bought my Clark first, and that is still the one I use. I put my son in the Claytor. The Claytor has two things over the Clark: price, and the double bottom to easily hold a pad. I use a pad in the Clark and have no real problems with it, but the Claytor holds the pad easier. I LOVE the pockets under the Clark for holding boots and gear, but others here have rigged cheaper ways to hold gear.

I like them both, but the weather shield and storage pockets make me give the Clark the nod when picking which hammock I'll use.
    The harder I work, the luckier I get.

I just looked at the Claytor hammocks. They look quite a bit like the Clark, same basic design as the Tropical, at least from what one can see in a picture. They look nice overall, much cheaper. The feature that will keep me on the Clark though, the stormshield which gives a bit of privacy like a tent, and the storage pockets. I could live without the pockets, but I love the shield. I like to have that option, open or private.

Well after about a month's worth of research I order my first hammock. I went with the new Nx 250 and yes the price hurts. But it doesn't hurt me so much beings i don't have any investments in any hammocking stuff. On the other hand i hope it last me a long time too. Another reason i went with the Clark, i should not need as many accessories as i would have with other hammocks. Please correct me if I'm wrong, remember i am new a this!

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    You can use a RH zip SB in a Clark more easily than other hammocks, as the Clark has zippers on both sides of the hammock. And you can stuff things in the pockets for warmth. But I still like a UQ, even on my Clark and with things stuffed in the pockets.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Backwoods Hunter View Post
    On the other hand i hope it last me a long time too. Another reason i went with the Clark, i should not need as many accessories as i would have with other hammocks. Please correct me if I'm wrong, remember i am new a this!
    Need? No. Want? Oh yes!
    Congrats on your first hammock purchase. It's a great life!
    Trust nobody!

Come on now, Im trying to make myself feel better about the price.Ha Ha

Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    If I didn't already have the NA and the NX-200 I would have probably went with the 250 in place of the NA. But I am not sure I would like the poles to keep it up that is one reason why I didn't go with the Claytor. I am sure as with anything you can get use to them but I just didn't see me getting one like that. I am glad that there tarps cam with Cat Cuts in them now kinda would like to see them in person. Oh well maybe sometime I will for now I will stick with the BB & the Nx-200 and the superfly tarp.

we will be waiting on your trip report and the added picture of it in the wild not like they have.

If you have not yet joined the Yahoo Clark Group I would like to extend an invitation to join so that those over there might be able to learn from you with the new Clark.
    Last edited by cavediver2; 03-02-2009 at 20:01.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast