Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    Incubator 40 +2 oz
    Suspension
    Ring and carabiner

Siloam Springs Illinois

Hey all ,
    Has any one HIked /Camped the Trails @ siloam springs Illinois. I Am lookin for a destination for next weekend, am curious if anyone here has any expierence here. The Web site shows a back country camp site, i am hoping it is hammock friendly. Any info would be great .

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Guide Gear 12x12
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Never been there , but I checked My Maps and there is a Horse Trail of about 5 miles and The Red Oak Trail looks to be about 7 Miles Both appear to be loops

There is a campground (Oak Ridge) located on State Park rd. west of the trail near Crabapple Lake, looks like a stealth camp would be possible if you decided to just Do that near the campground or along the Trail

I have No other info on amenities though

Looks like water is available from creeks and Lake and I guess from the Springs
    Last edited by scottpash; 05-20-2013 at 06:44.
    "HANGING OUT" has taken on a whole NEW MEANING

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Double
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    Incubator 40 +2 oz
    Suspension
    Ring and carabiner
    OK so my wife and i went to check this place out this weeked. I was our first hiking /over night trip. The back country sites are on the Red Oak Back pack trail,which is 4 miles long. The site is roughly 2/3 of the way going clockwise, and 1/3 going counter clockwise.
    Was a fairly easy hike for a couple of novices. Its Illinois afterall I didnt think it was gonna beat us up.
    There were some nice rock cliffs for scenery, and a nice stream that we spent a little time at. We was in no hurry to get to where we were going.

We found the back country sites easily enough and set up camp. 4 sites in the Back country area, all rather close together, but far enough for a little privacy. There was enough dead fall wood for a fire, but no water close to the camp site.
    The coyotes were stirred up throughout the evening, rough sleeping, but we enjoyed it. We saw several deer , heard turkeys, and picked more ticks than i can ever remember having on me, Easily 75+ ticks, none were dug in though. Now i have those phantom tics that you can feel but cant see. Part of the the hobby i guess.

( insert voice of nascar driver after winning a race)
    Boy ill tell ya .. them hennessey hammocks really rocked on this trip, the
    2QZQ zippper mods really worked sweet, was in and out of the hammocks as easy as could be, man they were great. And them tadpole tarps from Wilderness logics, held up by the ridge lines from whoopieslings.com did a great job keeping us dry and bird poop off of us.,And man i cant say anough good about them *40 incubators from the people at hammock gear. man warm and toasty all night, a little chilly at first but , they quickly came around did the job. I just cant say enough good about the vendors i have dealt with , and found from these foums. man great trip!!

It has also come to my attention that Walmart back packs really are not back packs , they did the job but at the expence of our shoulders.. up grade coming soon.

Having issues posting pics here cant even upload them to my gallery but the few we took are here http://www.flickr.com/photos/97232611@N04/
    dyslexics untie!!

Sing loud for the sunshine,
    Pray hard for the rain
    And show your love for Lady Nature
    And she will come back again
    Page/Plant

• + New Posts