Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images

And Another Way To Attach An Underquilt

Greetings all! I bought some LineLok 3's last year, but never really found a way to use them as they need to be attached to something with a piece of 1/2" Grossgrain or webbing. Since my current UQ suspension looked like a bird nest most of the time, I thought I would replace the old with the new. I apologize if this has already been posted somewhere.

After sewing the linelok 3's to my underquilt and running the shock cord thru it and using a mitten hook to clip onto the triangle thingie, I lost about 4ft of total shock cord length. The length of shock cord is now only 78" per side of my UQ. This fits perfectly on my WBBB and also fits fine on my 11ft hammock with about 2 inches on each linelok left over after tightening.

These lineloks can be adjusted with one hand while inside the hammock and hold very securely. I thought the 1/8" shock cord wouldn't dig in the lineloks groove, but it does.

So now I have a much cleaner and lighter hammock suspension set-up. It takes only a few minutes to sew the linelok's where you want them. Scott also have a threading diagram on his site.

DIY Gear Supply has them for $0.28 each.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, "I'm going to mop the floor with your face." I said, "You'll be sorry." He said, "Oh, yeah? Why?" I said, "Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well."

Underquilts.com

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images

Looks nice. That's how I attach my under quilt, except I am using cord-locks instead of line-loks. I like the method.
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD777 View Post
    Looks nice. That's how I attach my under quilt, except I am using cord-locks instead of line-loks. I like the method.
    Thanks MADD. I used cord locks also, but with 2 of them so close together, I was grabbing the wrong one when I reached over to make an adjustment in the dark.
    I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, "I'm going to mop the floor with your face." I said, "You'll be sorry." He said, "Oh, yeah? Why?" I said, "Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well."

Underquilts.com

My LeighLo quilt has linelocks on it, its the only quilt I have that does as the rest are HG and JRB and they don't have them.

I found that as long as I hung the quilt the same way every time (same hammock too) the linelocks got me to almost perfect every time with only a very very very small adjustment. So because of this I was able to cut a huge amount of shock cord off, which dropped a pretty significant weight from the quilt. Can't really say this with my other quilts that have a side channel as I still need the extra SC for the adjustment (positioning) of the quilt.
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    My LeighLo quilt has linelocks on it, its the only quilt I have that does as the rest are HG and JRB and they don't have them.

I found that as long as I hung the quilt the same way every time (same hammock too) the linelocks got me to almost perfect every time with only a very very very small adjustment. So because of this I was able to cut a huge amount of shock cord off, which dropped a pretty significant weight from the quilt. Can't really say this with my other quilts that have a side channel as I still need the extra SC for the adjustment (positioning) of the quilt.

Yes, the Leighlo system rocks! Losing 4-6 ft of shock cord makes a noticeable difference in weight. I could use some poly line in place of some of the shock cord and cut it down even further. I think it was the member "Scum" who had little or no shock cord on his IX underquilt. I'll have to look it up and see.

Underquilts.com

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    Here it is. https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...highlight=scum

Instead of para cord, you can use tarred line instead. I' ll have to try this in the morning.

Underquilts.com

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images

I actually use a combination of LeighLo and Scum's methods.
    The clear pulley is a plastic sewing machine bobbin.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369942013.152337.jpg
    Last edited by MAD777; 05-31-2013 at 05:23.
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    I can see how easy your method is to adjust. Good use of the bobbin too! Do you get any shoulder/foot squeeze with that set-up?

Underquilts.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Biker View Post
    Here it is. https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...highlight=scum

Instead of para cord, you can use tarred line instead. I' ll have to try this in the morning.
    Cool thanks, I don't remember seeing that thread will take a read here in a bit.
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    Underquilts.com doublenest
    Tarp
    12x10 DIY w/ doors
    Insulation
    TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Woopie/Tree Strap
    Lost_Biker, that is an awesome mod! Always dig seeing your work man.
    The syntactical nature of reality, the real secret of magic, is that the world is made of words. And if you know the words that the world is made of, you can make of it whatever you wish.
    – Terence McKenna

Nick's Hi-Tech Pressure Washing

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast