How is the Clark NA in warm weather? Any Condensation Problems?

I've only been in a Clark NA in the winter, and must say that it did a very good job. I will certainly trust it to deal with winter camping conditions now. As I would expect, there was a bit of condensation, in winter this is hard to not have. It wasn't a big problem, and could be adjusted a bit with pulling back the stormshield, and/or raising the rainfly up a bit.

For all you out there who go in warmer seasons... How is teh hammock then? Any condensation problems to deal with? Other issues? I would expect that you can just unzip the weathershield and not have any condensation, but best to ask. How is it in warm weather?

Hammock
    Clark NX-270
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Z-Liner
    Suspension
    SMC Ring + Rope
    Images
    Condensation was not a problem for me on a summer trip, but then I was in Zion, not known for it's thick humid air. I will say that it is quite warm even with just the bug net in the summer. I was not really able to tolerate staying inside unless it was early morning or near sunset. Keeping the tarp open and high will help some as long as there is a breeze.

I'm wondering how much the tropical would help with that. I'm considering a TX-200 as warmer weather or car camping option.

Interesting. I could see how it would be hot, it was pretty cozy in my recent snow storm. The NA (can't speak for the others) holds you fairly low, so you actually lay below the net line, meaning it wraps your sides and back. As the breeze hits you, it may flow through the net, but that's above you. The breeze that hits the sides, aka where you are, will effectively be blocked. Hmmmm.... This could be a plot complication. How hot was it in Zion? Would it have been equally uncomfortable in a well vented Tent, or was the NA somehow worse?

The Tropical has netting on the head and foot end, where the NA has breeze stopping nylon. This would most likely help with venting heat and allowing breezed through.

Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    i use mine in the summer allot and have never had any condensation in it what so ever. even with weather shield pulled closed. Not having said that both the NA and NX-200 of mine are quite warm in the summer so you have to orient the hammock so that you get the most of breeze you can and if your using it with a tarp make sure there high enough to be able to let the breeze through. I have woke up early in the morning and had sweet so bad that my bag was damp from it.

Hammock
    Clark NA Camo
    Tarp
    Clark Camo XL
    Insulation
    Army poncho liner
    I'd assume some temp control could be achieved if you flipped around in the hammock to get the cool breeze on your back. However, I'm still a new user so I haven't gotten to try it yet.
    I sleep in the trees.

Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    yep you are very right

• + New Posts