DIY cinched end
    Tarp
    not sure yet
    Insulation
    So far thermarest
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Toggle

Re: Kelty Noah 12

The wife and I went camping this past weekend. And I'm sad to say we camped in a tent, but I did bring the hammock! Heared a few people across the camp grounds, "hey they have a hammock. What a great idea."
    Well it did rain that night and I had the Noah12 hung in the triangle fashion and it kept the table and my good ol coleman camp stove dry all night. I did find one thing I didn't like. When it rains and when the tarp is set up in the triangle mode, that the run off of rain hits the ground where the stakes are and causes the ground to soggy. A gust of wind hit the tarp hard and pulled the stake right our of the ground.

I am sure when I use this tarp for my hammock I'll be sure to hang it high enough so I'll have to tie the corners out and I'll also hang it in rectangle mode.

Over all I love this tarp. My wife even said I'm so glad you bought it.

A+ for me.
    "Science, my lad, is made up of mistakes, but they are mistakes which it is useful to make, because they lead little by little to the truth." - Jules Verne

Hammock
    ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logic
    Insulation
    Sleeping Bag/Pad
    Suspension
    AtlaStraps/Whoopie
    This'll by me and my wifes first actual tarp for hammockin. Right now we're just using the loud harbor freight tarps, they work well, but are heavy as heck. They've served their purpose for camping in the parks, but on our backpacking trips, would much rather use a lighter tarp, even though the kelty isn't a lightweight tarp, it's certainly lighter than what we're using now and with the weight taken away from the tent we used to carry, I can cut weight elsewhere.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 9
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad & PLUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies + Straps
    I currently use the Noah 9 and I have been very happy with it so far.

Hammock
    TW Green hornet 3 layer
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Webbing + rings
    Images
    I also got a Noah 12 and am very pleased. What methods are you guys using to fold up and store your tarp? I often go camping with a buddy, so folding the tarp with two people works well, but are there any tricks/tips for folding it up when you're solo?

I tried using the tarp in a rectangle config on a ridgeline with prussik knots. I tried to leave one end of the tarp attatched on the ridgeline with one prussik and sort of fold it up walking towards the knot. I would like to prevent folding it on the ground.

Tarp
    Kelty 12
    Just got my Kelty 12. Been out in backyard playing with different set-ups. Nice quality tarp. Think rain is near. Hopeful. it will Drop on me.

Hammock
    DIY cinched end
    Tarp
    not sure yet
    Insulation
    So far thermarest
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Toggle

Re: Kelty Noah 12

Quote Originally Posted by UpMySleeves View Post
    I also got a Noah 12 and am very pleased. What methods are you guys using to fold up and store your tarp? I often go camping with a buddy, so folding the tarp with two people works well, but are there any tricks/tips for folding it up when you're solo?

I tried using the tarp in a rectangle config on a ridgeline with prussik knots. I tried to leave one end of the tarp attatched on the ridgeline with one prussik and sort of fold it up walking towards the knot. I would like to prevent folding it on the ground.
    I am using a stuff sack that I purchased from good ol wally world. I think it's the dark green sack and its the largest of the three. Seems to fit just right.
    "Science, my lad, is made up of mistakes, but they are mistakes which it is useful to make, because they lead little by little to the truth." - Jules Verne

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images

I use tarp skins on my 12x12 and before I purchased those I used a stuff sack. Folding up a tarp is too much effort for me

Hammock
    DIY, Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    Squidbilly/Tadpole
    Insulation
    20 Incubator,WL SS
    Suspension
    whoopies, MSH

I fold the tarp while it is still on the ridgeline, walking and folding from one end to the other. Then I kind of hold it in the middle where it hits the ridgeline and pull it towards me and fold. Years of experience folding sheets without letting them hit the floor helps. I made a bigger stuff sack because I just couldn't easily get the tarp to fit nicely in the original stuff sack.
    Keep movin', keep believing and enjoy the journey!

I use Grannypat's method of folding up my Noah's 12 and haven't had a single problem yet getting it back in the zipper pouch it came with. It also helps keep it out of the dirt, sticks and leaf litter. If it has water droplets on it you can shake it off a little easier with it draping from the ridgeline before folding.

Hammock
    DIY Bic bridge, WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Jarbidge/Owyhee
    Suspension
    cinch buckle
    Images
    I use HH snakeskins on my Kelty 12. They work well. You just need to roll the tarp up, starting at the edge before you try to pull the snakeskin over it - otherwise I end up with a big bunch of tarp in the middle that is hard to shove into the snakeskins.
    Attached Images Attached Images

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12