Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    WB Lynx UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Cpverne thanks for all the help. Think I might be ordering the Cloudburst and RR later on tonight. Just like the idea of the double layer and that I can almost lay flat and be super comfortable. Plus it will be saving me two pounds from the Kelty Noah 12' and Hennessy Hammock. So in retrospect weight isn't an issue because I'm saving myself. I'm sure I'll be able to set it up a lot quicker too. May miss the ridgeline a bit, but it does have the saddlebag feature which is just as nice since it isn't in your face. Any other thoughts on the cloudburst and RR before I close the deal?

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Pull the trigger! It's an AMAZINGLY comfy hammock. Cloudburst is nice if you're starting from scratch.

While a pad works, if you're ordering it together, I'd recommend adding the Lynx UQ. The fit between the RR and Lynx is almost unbelievable. No gaps, no worries, no readjusting. It's a PERFECT combination.

For most, the two big considerations are the small amount of added weight (and pack room for backpackers) and the extra room needed under the tarp to accommodate the width of the spreader bars.

If those aren't concerns for you, move forward and know you'll be VERY happy with the choice.

BTW, the views in the RR are one of the most underrated parts. NO obstructions. Great views in every direction. SO nice.
    Brian
    Denver, CO
    Father. Husband. Scoutmaster.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    WB Lynx UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by breyman View Post
    Pull the trigger! It's an AMAZINGLY comfy hammock. Cloudburst is nice if you're starting from scratch.

While a pad works, if you're ordering it together, I'd recommend adding the Lynx UQ. The fit between the RR and Lynx is almost unbelievable. No gaps, no worries, no readjusting. It's a PERFECT combination.

For most, the two big considerations are the small amount of added weight (and pack room for backpackers) and the extra room needed under the tarp to accommodate the width of the spreader bars.

If those aren't concerns for you, move forward and know you'll be VERY happy with the choice.

BTW, the views in the RR are one of the most underrated parts. NO obstructions. Great views in every direction. SO nice.
    Yeah someone stated that the cloudburst is the optimum choice for the RR just because the pullouts are spaced accordingly with the RR bridge. I'm not too worried about the pack weight or the space because if you've seen the Kelty Noah 12' packed up...it's ridiculous. Just too much space and 2 lbs! I've heard about the side views and that you can see a lot more. That will be a nice feature. Probably going to close on the deal tonight once I get back.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    WB Lynx UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Just ordered the Ridgerunner and Cloudburst tarp!! Now I play the waiting impatiently game lol.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaker View Post
    Just ordered the Ridgerunner and Cloudburst tarp!! Now I play the waiting impatiently game lol.
    Congrats on a great setup! You'll really enjoy it.
    Brian
    Denver, CO
    Father. Husband. Scoutmaster.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DBL
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    0* Mamba & Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopie Goldberg
    Buy once, cry once, you are balling now big time! Convert it to whoopie and you're good to go!

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    WB Lynx, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Bugs
    Images
    Just to make the waiting more difficult...

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    WB Lynx, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Bugs
    Images
    Cloudburst

There was a horrendous amount of rain and that baby gave me a dry place to cook my dinner and sit in peace. I hung my jacket and rainpants from the little ring that the hammock bugnet attached to.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    WB Lynx UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Oh the horror! haha. Seems like the cloudburst has a ton of space!! I ordered the double layer RR in hopes that I can make it a little warmer with some stuff that I can shove in between the layers.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DBL
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    0* Mamba & Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopie Goldberg
    Oh the horror! haha. Seems like the cloudburst has a ton of space!! I ordered the double layer RR in hopes that I can make it a little warmer with some stuff that I can shove in between the layers.
    This is the second time you mentioned double layer so here is the deal... Double layer is so you can slip a mat in there for insulation and it wont shift around instead of having it inside the hammock with you and also double layer gives the hammock more strength for bigger folks 250lbs +

In the colder seasons you are going to want an underquilt ideally, but the pads can do a lot.

In my scenario I use a top quilt and under quilt and im g2g. my hammock is double layer because i weigh 240 at 6'5".

I went camping with my sister (it was her first time) so I gave her the most appropriate gear I had for the weather (0* 3/4 underquilt and 20* top quilt) and I used my 0* top quilt and sleeping mat tucked into the double layer of the hammock. Because my shoulders and legs hung off the mat I never got hot, the gaps allowed me to vent off heat without it building up and slept comfortable in 40-50 degree lows.

my sister in 20* tq and 0* uq. still not too hot for 40-50 degree lows
    Last edited by ripcurlksm; 06-07-2013 at 11:22.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast