Eno Doublenest
    Tarp
    Eno Profly
    Insulation
    KAQ-UQ/UGQ-TQ
    Suspension
    Eno Atlas straps
    Images
    The bugnet is a bit on the heavy side but it gets the job done and its pretty durable. I don't even use the provided ridgeline and cut all the ridgeline clips. I have a srl on my hammock and just run the bugnet on that through the inside of it, so basically there are no lines at all tat I use on the guardian.

Hammock
    DIY 1.7 w/net,Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Hex
    Insulation
    DIY D&Syn TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    CinchB & WS,Dutch

ENO Bugnet

Was talking to a guy in the local outfitters yesterday while looking at the eno display. He mentioned the Guardian bugnet as being excellent for another reason i hadn't thought of: Because the netting hangs down well below the hammock bottom, bugs can't bite through the bottom of the hammock like they can on an integrated net setup..Quite true..and during the Warm summer nites in FL when using an underquilt would be a sweat lodge..the netting keeps the bugs off the butt! His opinion: WELL WORTH THE WEIGHT!

Hammock
    WBBB XLC dbl. 1.7, ENO Dblnst
    Tarp
    Superfly, MCat Dlx
    Insulation
    Zep/Incu/NewR/SSnv
    Suspension
    tree strap/whoopie
    I have purchased two of them. What they give up in lightness and compactness, they give back in durability and roominess. As others have mentioned, you need to replace the too-short piece of line they provide for a ridgeline.

Take it easy,
    desmobob

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    WBMJ
    Insulation
    sleeping bag
    Suspension
    WB adj. webbing
    I was planning to clip my guardian onto my tarp ridgeline instead of the useless little cord that came with it. Has anyone tried that, and does it work? Or is the tarp too high? (My tarp hasn't arrived yet so I haven't been able to put everything up together to see how it all fits.)

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    WBMJ
    Insulation
    sleeping bag
    Suspension
    WB adj. webbing
    Never mind... Just saw another thread about this exact topic, so I'll go read there. :-)

Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Wilderness Logics
    I thing the Eno bug net has some real advantages. I have three bug nets, the Warbonnet Travel Net, the Eno and the Kammok Dragonfly. One, I did not find the Eno bug net difficult to set up. Two, I can put two hammocks inside the Eno bug net. It is easy to do using the Eno straps. The zipper works much better than the Traveler or Dragonfly. So, it is easier to get in and out of. Because it is bigger, it is hard to hang it hight enought that the net will not drag the ground. I am thinking about getting a bugnator next. Of the three I now have, I think I would give the nod to the Dragonfly.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow Hyper D XL
    Tarp
    JRB 12x10 Univrsl
    Insulation
    Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    If the Eno is hot, which might present cooler choices? Here in Snuff Gully, we have found that a pine knot fire works well: quite smoky, and you don't need to pack it. The tech savy of us have gone to Thermocells a couple of years ago. Lit one as my daughter and I were covered in swamp-size mosquitoes on a rice field levy about an hour before dawn opening morning of dove season this early Sept. Within three minutes they were gone. We put on shorts and were able to cook our breakfast on the tailgate without a single critter falling into the bacon grease. I initially was a real skeptic, but I've hiked the palmetto and cypress bottoms of the Angelina River with one in clouds of mosquitoes and I now swear by them.
    Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations. When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong. ~George Carlin

Hammock
    Eno Singlenest & DubbleNest
    Tarp
    ENO Pro Fly
    Insulation
    Foam pad & slp bag
    Suspension
    Atlas straps
    Images
    The ENO bug net works great
    And comes with every thing needed to setup
    You need a longer ridgeline but as for keep the bugs out no prob
    This is your one stop shop for all Hammock knowledge

Hammock
    Eno Dbl. Nest, wbbb xlc dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    12' Winter Palace
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock 4
    Suspension
    Whoopies, cinch
    You can find much cheaper and lighter options ! Check out the cottage venders!

Hammock
    ENO Singlenest
    Tarp
    ENO Dryfly
    I have the guardian, and i don't love it. Trying to get into the vertical zipper is always a hassle for me especially under a low tarp.

The bugnet also a little annoying to set up- it needs to be put on before the hammock is connected to the suspension, and needs to be installed when the hammock has nothing in it. Not too much of a problem, unless you want to leave the net off so you can use the hammock as a chair, or store your pack; for that bugnet can be put on the hammock suspension as it is hung (i always forget this) and then left bunched on one side, but then to use it, anything that you were using in the hammock such as TQ/UQ need to come out/off the hammock before it can be extended.

I like the fact that it has total coverage* (mosquitoes love me) but it seems that the blackbird and wilderness logics do also, but at much less weight.

*is this really necessary? yes i have heard of the possibility, but has anyone ever actually been bit through the bottom of a hammock?

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast