Tarp
    WB superfly
    Insulation
    various UGQ's
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas straps
    Images

Talking Do you recommend the guardian net

I would like to purchase the ENO net but want to make sure I have the right idea, is there something better?
    I should mention I own a few Hennessy's but I just want my ENO to work when the bugs are out.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    There are lighter options.
    Warbonnet Outdoors Travel Net
    Wilderness Logics No See Um Bugnet
    BIAS Buginator

You will need a structural ridgeline for your ENO for these bugnets.
    Last edited by Bubba; 06-04-2013 at 00:51.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    There are lighter options.
    Warbonnet Outdoors Travel Net
    Wilderness Logics No See Um Bugnet
    BIAS Buginator

You will need a structural ridgeline for your ENO for these bugnets.
    Oofah. Have to agree with Bubba - that thing weighs a ton at 15 oz. I've got a Buginator (8.8 oz) and NanoBuginator (7 oz) and they do just as well at near half the weight.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    WB superfly
    Insulation
    various UGQ's
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    Oofah. Have to agree with Bubba - that thing weighs a ton at 15 oz. I've got a Buginator (8.8 oz) and NanoBuginator (7 oz) and they do just as well at near half the weight.
    That's good to know, I was a little worried about the weight, I am a hiker but the ENO do not have to be my lightest setup, I would like it to be lighter than my HH,
    I may get 2 nets for it, one to save weight and space and one to use for hanging out with bug protection.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    WB superfly
    Insulation
    various UGQ's
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas straps
    Images
    Can you sit up and hang out In any of these nets?
    I would like to use my eno for car camping and have a net to hang out under when I need to relax but free, it would be nice to have something big enough to cook under as well, yeah, I am going to get 2 different nets for sure.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwrider View Post
    Can you sit up and hang out In any of these nets?
    I would like to use my eno for car camping and have a net to hang out under when I need to relax but free, it would be nice to have something big enough to cook under as well, yeah, I am going to get 2 different nets for sure.
    I think you're asking too much out of a hammock bugnet. I don't think you will find a commercial hammock bugnet you can cook under. Anything is possible; you could make one but it would weigh a ton.

What you are looking for is a bugnet shelter, or you might be looking for a tent. Either way, it's gonna weigh a ton, and integrating it into your hammock system is gonna be awkward. I have a bugnet shelter, and it's great when car camping. It's huge and I can cook and lounge all day long.

As far as sitting up and hanging out in hammocks using independent (not integrated into the hammock) bugnets, you're gonna find a couple of problems. With a zippered bugnet, you may end up with your feet resting on the bugnet, or the bugnet may be too short to even put your feet on the ground without opening the zipper.

With a bottom-entry, cinch closure bugnet like the Buginator, your feet can be on the ground, but the bugnet won't be covering them. You'll be exposed to about knee-high in the sitting position.

In bugnet season, I typically don't spend a lot of time sitting in my hammock. I either want to sit outside, or when the bugs get bad, I want total bugnet protection. I'm not willing to carry five or ten extra yards of bugnet so I can have a shelter that will allow me to do my morning yoga exercises, or cook my morning oatmeal, bug-free.

I ultimately prefer independent bugnets to integrated, and despise zippers because they are so hard to get out of quickly.

Hammock
    WL Lt Owl
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Outdoors
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Tree straps
    I have 2 ENO Guardian bugnets. They require a little extra time and effort to hang but in return I enjoy the comfort of a hammock with the bug protection of a tent. Entrance and exit are slightly more difficult with the bugnet in place; I'd compare it to the experience of climbing into a backpacking tent.

My experience is that it feels spacious inside. Despite being totally enclosed, I feel like I am outdoors. I feel light breezes through the ENO bugnet better than through the netting of my Warbonnet Blackbirds.

I like the construction of the product. I have 2 boys who are occasionally not as loving toward each other or my camping equipment as I would like. I feel the ENO bugnet is durable enough to stand-up to their rough handling.

I have been happy with my ENO bugnet purchase.

Good Luck

Hammock
    XLC, DIY, GT Dbl for day hiking
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ JUQ, HG0B
    Suspension
    Web with Triangles
    Images
    Eureka Parawing VCS tarp

Tarp with a screen room and you can hang a hammock in it.

Alternatively, you can purchase the 10x10 screen that goes with a Quest EZ-Up and rig it to attach under an existing tarp.

I have an ENO Buginator and love it for what it is, great bug protection and minor gear storage underneath. The zipper is vertical and I'm not a fan of that configuration but it works.

I am exploring similar options right now.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    WB superfly
    Insulation
    various UGQ's
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    I think you're asking too much out of a hammock bugnet. I don't think you will find a commercial hammock bugnet you can cook under. Anything is possible; you could make one but it would weigh a ton.

What you are looking for is a bugnet shelter, or you might be looking for a tent. Either way, it's gonna weigh a ton, and integrating it into your hammock system is gonna be awkward. I have a bugnet shelter, and it's great when car camping. It's huge and I can cook and lounge all day long.

As far as sitting up and hanging out in hammocks using independent (not integrated into the hammock) bugnets, you're gonna find a couple of problems. With a zippered bugnet, you may end up with your feet resting on the bugnet, or the bugnet may be too short to even put your feet on the ground without opening the zipper.

With a bottom-entry, cinch closure bugnet like the Buginator, your feet can be on the ground, but the bugnet won't be covering them. You'll be exposed to about knee-high in the sitting position.

In bugnet season, I typically don't spend a lot of time sitting in my hammock. I either want to sit outside, or when the bugs get bad, I want total bugnet protection. I'm not willing to carry five or ten extra yards of bugnet so I can have a shelter that will allow me to do my morning yoga exercises, or cook my morning oatmeal, bug-free.

I ultimately prefer independent bugnets to integrated, and despise zippers because they are so hard to get out of quickly.
    I agree, I may hang my hammock under a canopy for car camping, hmmmm. makes me think I should also make a stand for multi hammock use while I am at it

Hammock
    DH Darien, DIY, ENO
    Tarp
    ProFly
    Insulation
    DIYUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    It's heavy, as stated. I got rid of mine mainly for that reason. Also, it's a pain to set up, eagles nest provides a ridgeline, but it is not long enough or strong enough to hold the netting all night. If you go this route get some zing it or lash it for your ridgeline.
    Grant

Getting lost is not a waste of time.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast