WBBB 1.1 DL,WBBB XLC 1.7DL
    Tarp
    HH HEX
    Insulation
    HG Incubator!
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks

A Proper Introduction

I have been floating around this board for a couple of months but I have yet to formally introduce myself.

My name is Clarence and I am addicted to hanging or at least to the gear involved with hanging.

It all started this last Christmas when I my Wife and I were trying to figure out what to get her brother for a gift. I had been reading on our local hiking forum that all the cool kids were going to hammock for their camping needs and I had noticed that our local outdoor store had a fairly large ENO display. We so decided since he was a cool kid that he needed a hammock (we bought him a double nest). I didn't think much more about it after that.

Of course he fell in love with his hammock and was soon buying all the accessories to go with it. He kept telling us how incredibly comfortable it was; I thought to my self " glad you like it but I think I will stick with my 4" deluxe pad". You see up until recently I was a base/car camper that would take day hikes but always come back to camp. I started thinking about getting deeper into the woods and that's when I decided I would give this Hammock thing a try.

I found hammock forums and after a little research I ordered a fancy new Warbonnet XLC 1.7 DL(at this point have still had yet to lay in a hammock). I waited and waited but with my first trip of the year quickly approaching I and no sign of the XLC coming in, I decided to jump on the for sale section and buy a 1.1 DL Traveler (I figured that I could use it as a spare to convince people to come with me).

Well I got the Traveler and set it up in the yard along with a HH tarp I purchased off amazon. I figured out how to quickly set it up and take it down; I was ready for my first trip.

I got out the the camping area, set the hammock and tarp up in a flash; I was feeling pretty good about myself, then I realized "hey its going to get cold and I have no pad or quilt". Luckily I did bring two sleeping bags with me and I was able to rig one up as a bottom quilt....

I don't think I have slept better in my entire life than I did that first night in my Warbonnet Traveler Hammock. Seriously... when I opened my eyes it was 9am and I felt incredible.

That same weekend (while I was gone) my XLC came in. I tried it and liked it as well, but I had some buyers remorse so when I saw a Lefty Black Bird 1.1 for a screaming good deal I jumped on it. The thinking here was that I would decide which one I like the best and sell the other. Turns out I really like all of them equally!! but for different reasons.

So that's it I'm obsessed with hammocks and I know before its all over I will have owned a dream hammock or two as well.

Thanks for reading and I hope to become a valuable part of the community.
    I might have not made the best first impression with some but I think with time I will redeem my self.

I will be doing an amateur review of all three Warbonnets in the vendor section which I think will help other armatures figure out which one is right for them and how best to set them up.
    Last edited by CLANKBANG; 06-05-2013 at 14:34.
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything; They just make the best of everything.

The richest person is not the one who has the most but the one who needs the least. (unkown)

and of course There are A LOT of chickens in China.
    NPR correspondent-- Hong Kong

Hammock
    Tarp
    HH HEX
    Insulation
    HG Incubator!
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Pics of my first set up with makeshift underquilt
    20130407_085645.jpg
    My awesome nap under a water fall
    20130407_163802.jpg
    My XLC set up at Cloudland Canyon State Park
    20130601_104900.jpg
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything; They just make the best of everything.

The richest person is not the one who has the most but the one who needs the least. (unkown)

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Great view next to that waterfall!
    Brian
    Denver, CO
    Father. Husband. Scoutmaster.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HH HEX
    Insulation
    HG Incubator!
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Yes, that was my Zen moment; came the afternoon fallowing my night of great sleep.
    Last edited by CLANKBANG; 06-05-2013 at 15:09.

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images

A Proper Introduction

Welcome to the madness!
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    welcome to the madness

we do have group therapy sessions, they are group hangs
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    Tarp
    HH HEX
    Insulation
    HG Incubator!
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Thank you.. I missed the local group hang but hope to catch the next one.
    I'm sure trying equipment out with out having to buy it first will ease the pain of the addiction.

• + New Posts