Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Hennessy Ultralite
    Insulation
    Don't Know
    Suspension
    Warbonnet Adjust.

Unhappy Totally bummed

Ordered a Warbonnet Blackbird last Saturday and since its Wednesday and I had not received conformation that the hammock had shipped I emailed them for a status and received this.

"Lead time to ship is currently 3-4 weeks after being placed, we'll send a shipping notice also

sorry for the long lead time"

3-4 weeks, half the summer is going to be over before I get it.

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    Eh....and you could've had a BIAS.

All kidding aside WB products ARE worth the wait.

Always confirm approximate ship times when ordering handmade goods. Be patient in the knowing that most if not all will push a date up if they can to meet a hard deadline(Like for a planned trip or outing). You just need to make them aware of any time constraint when placing your order. They will be honest and try their best to make it.

You'll appreciate the workmanship and attention to detail, and if not, these things fly off of the For Sale thread, sometimes in a matter of minutes. You can get what you paid for it by just pointing out the, "Instant Gratification" factor AND the No 3-4 weeks ship time
    Signature suspended

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolloff View Post
    Always confirm approximate ship times when ordering handmade goods. Be patient in the knowing that most if not all will push a date up if they can to meet a hard deadline(Like for a planned trip or outing). You just need to make them aware of any time constraint when placing your order. They will be honest and try their best to make it.

You'll appreciate the workmanship and attention to detail, and if not, these things fly off of the For Sale thread, sometimes in a matter of minutes. You can get what you paid for it by just pointing out the, "Instant Gratification" factor AND the No 3-4 weeks ship time
    +1. It'll be worth the wait.
    Brian
    Denver, CO
    Father. Husband. Scoutmaster.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Hennessy Ultralite
    Insulation
    Don't Know
    Suspension
    Warbonnet Adjust.
    I hear you. I am just itching to get out and use it. I guess I will have to stick with my diy hammock for the next few weeks. On another note I chose to go with a Hennessy rainfly and ordered it on the same day I ordered the Blackbird and according to FedEx it will arrive today, so at least I get to play with something.

current lead time on a N82 tactical holster is 8 to 10 weeks. They're a small cottage business that only makes this one style of holster. The fact that Brandon handles the volume he does and still has under a month of lead time on handmade US products is unreal.

A cobra style riggers belt from one of the cottage guys is leading about 8 weeks as well. For a couple pieces of fabric sewn together in a straight line.

Brandons times are great for processing his volume with his size of business.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Slo View Post
    current lead time on a N82 tactical holster is 8 to 10 weeks. They're a small cottage business that only makes this one style of holster. The fact that Brandon handles the volume he does and still has under a month of lead time on handmade US products is unreal.

A cobra style riggers belt from one of the cottage guys is leading about 8 weeks as well. For a couple pieces of fabric sewn together in a straight line.

Brandons times are great for processing his volume with his size of business.
    Agreed. Brandon's times are reasonable for a cottage vendor. Mountain Laurel Designs - a major lightweight tarp/cuben manufacturer has 8-16 week lead times.

I will say, the one improvement Brandon could make would be to more clearly list the expected time between order and shipment on his web site.
    Brian
    Denver, CO
    Father. Husband. Scoutmaster.

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    Yep. Trying to compare HH ship times to WB's would be very much like comparing the product.

HH while great are not handmade, and the difference between the stock HH Diamond and the WB Edge just gets silly.

Enjoy both purchases.

I'm wagering if it isn't the Hex, it will be the HH I see up in the Sale thread
    Signature suspended

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL,WBBB XLC 1.7DL
    Tarp
    HH HEX
    Insulation
    HG Incubator!
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Check out the FS section if you have the extra cash you can pick somthing up to hold you over then sell it this fall.
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything; They just make the best of everything.

The richest person is not the one who has the most but the one who needs the least. (unkown)

and of course There are A LOT of chickens in China.
    NPR correspondent-- Hong Kong

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7 Dl
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator/Ozark
    Suspension
    ADJ webbing
    Images
    I have gotten into his que lines more than once. Antsy every time but I soon forget about the wait the moment I open his package. Then get into his lie again and do it all over again......
    Where ever you go,
    There you are.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalArcher View Post
    Ordered a Warbonnet Blackbird last Saturday and since its Wednesday and I had not received conformation that the hammock had shipped I emailed them for a status and received this.

"Lead time to ship is currently 3-4 weeks after being placed, we'll send a shipping notice also

sorry for the long lead time"

3-4 weeks, half the summer is going to be over before I get it.
    You could call or contact him and cancel the order then get something more readily available.
    That would be my option....
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast