Hammock
    Trail Lair || Brazilian
    Tarp
    CF w/ doors
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    UCR
    The WWM seems like a great hammock. Too bad it is only offered in camo.
    Last edited by Gravity; 06-09-2013 at 19:33.

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images

Re: A good sling to put your butt in

Quote Originally Posted by gravitino View Post
    The WWM seems like a great hammock. Too bad it is only offered in camo.
    When I'm laying on my back asleep... I don't know what color my hammock is...
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Hammock
    BIAS camper, WW DL
    Insulation
    Diy syn. UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by fly fisher View Post
    I sent Brian an email, but never got a reply. So, I'm hoping some members might help me by answering some questions.

I'm intrigued that you find the Weight Weenie Micro to be more comfortable than the popular Warbonnet Traveler & Blackbird.

I assumed that a 'micro' hammock would compromise comfort due to smaller sizing. However, upon checking the specs (52" wide x 11' (132") long), it seems the WWM is not really a 'small' hammock. Maybe it's micro moniker refers to it's light weight of 6 oz. (130 grams) for 52" wide?

I'd love to cut down on the weight of my hammock set-up. So, I have a couple of questions...

1) Do the Weight Weenie & Weight Weenie Micro use the same material?

2) Do you find the WWM at standard 52" width to be as comfortable as other popular hammocks, such as standard sized Hennessy's, ENO's, Grand Trunks, etc.?

3) Which width do you recommend?

4) Do you recommend the Knotty Mod ($25)?

5) Does the Buginator in Nano material significantly cut down on airflow through the material? Or, would you recommend the Standard material for someone who sometimes feels like he can't breathe in a bug-netted hammock?

Thanks in advance for your advice,
    fly fisher
    Sorry for the late response, I just realized I wasn't logged in for the first time in 6 months. I think there has been some issues with Brian's email, but it should be working now.

It looks like your questions have been answered, but if you still have some feel free to shoot me what you want to know.

FWIW, since I don't backpack much, (mostly kayak camp) I'm starting to get into it more. I usually use the "heavier" Camper model in a double layer with a Knotty mod. I also use a standard Buginator. That being said, I'm going to make myself a WWM (probably single layer) and a Nano Buginator for a trip in a few weeks to Roan Mt. with some meetup folks.
    It'll be alright Friday!

Check us out at www.buttinasling.com

[email protected]

Hammock
    BIAS XL Camper, ENO DN
    Tarp
    12x10 WL tarp
    Insulation
    Junebug quilts
    Suspension
    WS, TH, ET
    Images
    Bias camper xl ( with knotty mods ) is on of the most comfy hammocks out there IMO. I'm looking to get a regular camper and hopefully after I can drop some tonage maybe a WW.
    Life looks better from a BIAS hammock.

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl & ENO DN
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    UQ
    Suspension
    Buckle or Whoopie
    Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply to my questions. This discussion has really helped me decide how I'm going to have by BIAS hammock spec'd out.

Please continue the discussion. I'll keep checking back periodically.

fly fisher

My first hammock was the WWM and while I liked it, my feet always hung off the hammock no matter what I did. In speaking with Brian it seems that my Knotty Mods may not have been in the right place for me based on my height; I'm only 5'8". Long story short, I'm in the process of swopping out my Micro for a standard Weight Weenie based on Brian's recommendations. The difference in weight is only an ounce so I'm not worried about the extra in my pack (lol). Bottom line, Brian is wonderful to work with and I really appreciate all he's done for me to make my hammock camping experience a great one.

That's all for now. Take care, good luck in selecting your hammock and until next time...Be well.

snapper

I'd love to hear your experience with the WW after your tial with the WWM. Can you describe how the knotty mod was in the wrong place? Too close to the middle or too close to the suspension? -J

I recently received my camper DL and have slept in it a few times now. BIAS makes some great quality gear.
    I did however want to make one observation known to you since your height is the same as mine. The knotty mod will do you no good. The pockets that they form are too far down the sides for someone of our size. Way too close to the suspension. This is only my observation though and would suggest trying to find others that are vertically challenged that have lain in a modded hammock. They just don't do anything for me.

Hammock
    BIAS Hiker Lite Teal/Black
    Tarp
    GG Emergency Shltr
    Insulation
    Leighlo UQ
    Suspension
    BIAS standard kit
    I did have some email issues; more importantly, I sort of hit a wall lately. Family is moving, work is busy and the hammock thing is crazy. I am also getting tons of emails daily and trying as best I can to keep up, but I occasionally fail.

Quick answer to the OP, others asking the same question: See our hammock guide and comparison chart. It's not comprehensive, but it's a good place to start:

http://www.buttinasling.com/buyersguide.html
    --
    www.buttinasling.com
    Now carrying the Mini Tattoo Stove!
    Light weight. Low prices. Great gear.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12