Is a non-coated fabric warmer than a coated fabric for use in hammock bodies when using an underquilt?

My thought is this, the more breathable the fabric is the more warm air will pass between you and the underquilt. A non-coated ripstop will allow more air travel than DWR. When I am laying in my non-coated or taffeta hammock, I can feel the air hitting my a lot more than in my HH.

My reasoning is this. Last winter I did some cold weather day hiking. Most of the time I was hiking in my smartwool midweights and rain jacket. When I stopped I put my insulated jacket on. I was noticable warmer when I had the layers me, smartwool shirt, insulated jacket, than rain jacket vs me smartwool shirt, rain jacket, than insulated jacket.

This is basically keeping the windbreaking layer on the outside of the setup instead of somewhere in the middle. This could apply to a hammock insulation.

I was talking to BB on this. He brought up a couple good points. A non-coated fabric will allow more convective heat transfer between you and the underquilt. With a coated fabric you are getting most of your heat through diffusion and only some through convection. Over time both fabrics would result in the same or similar amounts of warmth. The biggest difference would be in the non-coated fabric allowing the user to heat up faster. Something important in cold weather or on short hanging breaks.

And yes I realize this is arguing the top of the pyrimad so to speak. The engineer in me is trying to get the most out of what I am using.