Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WBBB and whoopie slings

I was just wondering if whoopies are the end all and seem to be what everyone goes to why doesn't Warbonnett supply them as an option with their hammocks?I guess Brandon could answer better than anyone,but I am curious what others think. Even though I know his suspension is a little heavier,it seems to work well. I may replace the biners with dutch clips but have not felt inclined to change his strap suspension.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    While Whoopie slings are great and super light weight, there is more of a fiddle factor to use them. While I do use Whoopies on some of my hammnocks, for my BB's I use the stock suspension and Dutch Clips, wights a bit more but allows for a faster set up.

Basically you have to decide for your self which suspension is best for you. I plan to start messing with descender rings on my next DIY hammock to how well they work for me.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips
    Agree with Gunner. Even though the WS are the fad, replacing the stock suspension with WS is only advantageous if you are truly serious about weight. There is the cool factor that is associated with WS but the webbing suspension is much faster and easier to set. I have WS on 3 of my 4 hammocks... the 4th one being my BB.
    “He doesn't know the meaning of the word fear, but then again he doesn't know the meaning of most words”
    - Bobby Bowden

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    It always fun to say whoopie

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner76 View Post
    It always fun to say whoopie

Ding Ding Ding! A winner!

Seriously, I had a whoopie suspension on my Blackbird for a year. It does have more fiddle factor to it. I went back to the stock suspension for less fuss. The weight difference is not worth it to me - a few ounces. Uh-Oh! The ultralite people will probably have me stoned at the next hammock hang.
    I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, "I'm going to mop the floor with your face." I said, "You'll be sorry." He said, "Oh, yeah? Why?" I said, "Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well."

Underquilts.com

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    The ultralite people will probably have me stoned at the next hammock hang.
    Real rocks are too heavy for them. They will be using nerf rocks.

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    For me I personally prefer the Dutch All In One Woopie Hook Suspension System over the stock webbing and buckles. I find it to be just as fast and easy as the stock suspension system with no more or less fiddle factor then the webbing and buckles. Some of the advantages I find with the all in one woopie hook suspension system is that it is lighter, less bulkier, you can store your suspension in a separate sack then the hammock keeping sap and nastyness off of the hammock fabric and my number one winner is the fact that you can set up your tarp first, wrap your suspension system around the two trees, reach for you suspension system from underneath your tarp and set your hammock up completely underneath your tarp in nasty weather keeping your hammock and everything else totally dry.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    That is what is great about hammock gear, lots of choices,, no one right or wrong way to do things

Quote Originally Posted by lazy river road View Post
    For me I personally prefer the Dutch All In One Woopie Hook Suspension System over the stock webbing and buckles. I find it to be just as fast and easy as the stock suspension system with no more or less fiddle factor then the webbing and buckles. Some of the advantages I find with the all in one woopie hook suspension system is that it is lighter, less bulkier, you can store your suspension in a separate sack then the hammock keeping sap and nastyness off of the hammock fabric and my number one winner is the fact that you can set up your tarp first, wrap your suspension system around the two trees, reach for you suspension system from underneath your tarp and set your hammock up completely underneath your tarp in nasty weather keeping your hammock and everything else totally dry.

Good points.Never thought of the sap thing.

I was pretty excited about whoopie slings until I got my WBXLC with stock suspension. I couldn't be happier with it. Very adjustable, reasonably light, and fast to set up. I have no plans to swap it out, and I'm actually thinking of buying an extra set for my ENO DN.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast