My hammock has been in my pack for 3 years, but I just used it for napping when camp was set up. Since I didin't have a net or tarp, I went to ground at night and woke with aching hips and back. I love backpacking in every way, but dread sleeping in a tent with my old bones.

Well, I pulled on my big girl pants and got out after a bit of experimention with my little GT Nano, bug net and tarp to a trail on the LSHT (Tarkington Section) and Double Lake. It was a great night and I discovered why I'd need some sort of pad even during summer in TX! I was surprised at how much room I had to move around into different positions on such a small, lightweight hammock. I loved the solitude of the evening, enjoyed a bit of time by the lake and wished I knew how to use my fishing pole. That'll be a lesson for another trip.

On Sunday, I joined up with a great group of local hikers to explore more of the LSHT and then hit a local pub before a tremendous downpour of rain overtook the area! Gotta love TX!

(I hope the pics don't turn out too large)

photo 1 copy 2.jpg

photo 1 copy.jpg

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 3 copy 2.jpg

photo 3 copy.jpg

photo 3.jpg

photo 4 copy.jpg

photo 4.jpg