Hammock
    Underquilts.com doublenest
    Tarp
    12x10 DIY w/ doors
    Insulation
    TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Woopie/Tree Strap
    BOY DO I! This would go great in m backyard with my ACU tarp you made. Keep the black silnylon ready for enemy lines that way!
    The syntactical nature of reality, the real secret of magic, is that the world is made of words. And if you know the words that the world is made of, you can make of it whatever you wish.
    – Terence McKenna

Nick's Hi-Tech Pressure Washing

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nickgann View Post
    BOY DO I! This would go great in m backyard with my ACU tarp you made. Keep the black silnylon ready for enemy lines that way!
    Hey Nick I thought you might like it. Let me finish out some details and as soon as Scott gets back, we'll talk some more. Mean while - more pictures!

I finally got the zipper and side pulls on and will be pinning the net in place and sewing it up. This is the last part of the construction job. The more I lay in it the more I like it.

For anyone wanting to make one of these, please note that the openings for the insertion of a pad works very well. One opening on each side on opposite sides. The transition from the dual layer of fabric to the single layer is not hard. Just sew the zipper up to the opening and carefully move the inner piece (the zipper continues on the outside) out of the way and keep sewing to the end.

When you finish sewing the zipper on, test the hammock - the openings for the pad should snap shut when your in the hammock.

So on to the pictures. I made the pull outs differently - sewing them on at the same time as the zipper. I used the Beastee Ring from DIY Gear Supply as a pull out. Very strong.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, "I'm going to mop the floor with your face." I said, "You'll be sorry." He said, "Oh, yeah? Why?" I said, "Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well."

Underquilts.com

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    Oh, so close! All pinned and ready to sew. I'll finish tomorrow morning.
    I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, "I'm going to mop the floor with your face." I said, "You'll be sorry." He said, "Oh, yeah? Why?" I said, "Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well."

Underquilts.com

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Looks like the same material I got from a different source. Have made several hammocks ( Singles and doubles) with it and it is very comfortable.

Looking to make a Fronkey Bug Net to go with it.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner76 View Post
    Looks like the same material I got from a different source. Have made several hammocks ( Singles and doubles) with it and it is very comfortable.

Looking to make a Fronkey Bug Net to go with it.
    I almost went with the Fronkey net, but wanted to see how this project turned out with an integrated net.

The hammock is pretty much finished. Just have to do some trimming, thread cutting, etc. I'm quite pleased with the way it turned out.

After making my head hurt from trying to come up with a different method of making the net completely detach from the head end, I came up with a very simple answer.
    I simply ended the net side of the zipper so it simply stops, but when you unzip each side it comes off completely. It only works with both zippers - one on each side. It looks cleaner than zipping around on a continuous zip. Pictures explain it better than me, so here's it is.

Underquilts.com

B. E. A. UTIFUL!

This is exactly what I've been envisioning since I got the DIY bug. Enjoy your trip this weekend.

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by scoffman View Post
    B. E. A. UTIFUL!

This is exactly what I've been envisioning since I got the DIY bug. Enjoy your trip this weekend.
    Thank you, scoffman! This weekend will be the hammock test in full!

On a side note - the double layer has lots of room between the layers. I slipped a full size truck reflector in and it has room to spare! I'll have to dig out my Big Agnes inflate'o pad and see how fits.

Here's some pics.

Underquilts.com

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    Made a quick top cover in the more traditional camo colors. Sleeping in it tonight as it's going down to a chilly 58 degrees. Just need a peak bag and a ridge line organizer and she's done and ready for the weekend!

Underquilts.com

Hammock
    DL with Bug Net
    Tarp
    Guid Gear Cat Cut
    Insulation
    Down UQ, SB TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

New DIY 1.8oz DL Camo Hammock

That's a nice looking hammock

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rcam1977 View Post
    That's a nice looking hammock
    Thank you, rcam.

Slept very well and most importantly to me, is that there is no ridge to bother my legs - just smooth fabric. Also rolled over on my side easily. This is going to be a great 4 season hammock - a little heavy for some - the entire (with the top cover) hammock weighs in at 46.7 oz. That's lines, shock cord pull outs and everything.

Underquilts.com

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast