DIY purple HyperD
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by DemostiX View Post
    Full of admiration here, not least for the quality of documentation, which will be a real boon to many others.

In another concurrent thread, heavier-fabric hammocks take the familiar beating from keepers of a UL Canon. It is something beyond ironic that a fit guy like you who spins (or stomps) so many miles turns to two layers, 3.6 oz total, for comfort. Indeed, what's the virtue in sleeping at risk of cramps and waking, as if on the ground, in a too-stretchy hammock?

Cavils: On a 10ft hammock, the RL length adjustment you early reported was just +1", less than 1%, not close to 7% to 90%. Did I miss an update? (And BTW, folks, forget about 83%: remember instead 5/6. Or divide by six and multiply by five.)
    This is interesting about the 83%...I've never been able to be comfortable with 83% measurements and have usually ended up with 89%....Thought I was weird for doing that..... I'll have to try the 5/6 deelie.

Thanks Lost_Biker for such a good tute. I have a DL and have been experimenting with pad placement. Your idea to put an opening on opposite sides makes a lot of sense. Thank you again! Another question tho....I do not understand about pull-outs....why do you need them? Are they so you don't have to open up the hammock when you get in? Do they keep the hammock more stable? Don't the lines get in the way? Just curious here.
    If you don't experiment, you don't learn!

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Syrrka View Post
    This is interesting about the 83%...I've never been able to be comfortable with 83% measurements and have usually ended up with 89%....Thought I was weird for doing that..... I'll have to try the 5/6 deelie.

Thanks Lost_Biker for such a good tute. I have a DL and have been experimenting with pad placement. Your idea to put an opening on opposite sides makes a lot of sense. Thank you again! Another question tho....I do not understand about pull-outs....why do you need them? Are they so you don't have to open up the hammock when you get in? Do they keep the hammock more stable? Don't the lines get in the way? Just curious here.
    Thanks Syrrka. As for the 83% ridge line, I am always around 87-90% for my ridges. That's where I'm the most comfortable and why I always take time to get the ridge line where I want it before adding the bug net. I'm only 6' tall and have always needed a longer ridge line than most for some reason.

The side pull outs aren't necessary, but they do hold the hammock open and keep the bug net out of your face. In cooler weather, I don't use the pull outs at all. They also give you more open space inside the hammock. In really cold weather, I like being wrapped in the hammock.

I like the rocking motion of the hammock when the pull outs aren't used. Some people get motion sickness though.
    I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, "I'm going to mop the floor with your face." I said, "You'll be sorry." He said, "Oh, yeah? Why?" I said, "Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well."

Underquilts.com

Hammock
    diy gath'd end w/ KM, diy PH whip't
    Tarp
    12' henessy
    Insulation
    DIY UQ, TQ and UQP
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie - msh
    Thanks for the dimensions Lost_Biker!

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    Your very welcome!
    I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, "I'm going to mop the floor with your face." I said, "You'll be sorry." He said, "Oh, yeah? Why?" I said, "Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well."

Underquilts.com

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567