Hammock
    DIY Spruce Goose
    Tarp
    HG CF Airstream
    Insulation
    DIY Apex Mr Hankey
    Suspension
    Speed Hooks
    MM03-my name sake! Thanks for the kinds words. I bet you do remember Max Patch
    from your thru-hike. I was there a couple months ago doing another timelapse. It is
    a wonderful place. 3/4 mile south on the AT from the summit is hangers heaven with close access to the bald for morning or night time viewing. It would be a great place for a group hang.
    I remember it well. That was one of my longest mileage days on the trail (almost 30) all in order to catch the sunset from Max Patch. I ended up pushing on to the shelter on a night hike. I didn't get my hammock til VA otherwise I think I may have been tempted by the trees at the base. "hanger heaven..." I like it. Yes, we should do a group hang there. It is super accessible from what I remember.
    MEDICINE
    MAN
    The GAME '03

Medicine Man's YouTube Channel

Hammock
    Hennessy UL Explorer (2QZQ Mod #4)
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    Baby Orca & NoSniv
    Suspension
    Whoopie & biner
    Images
    Thanks for the shout out MM!

Enjoyed the film as always. Luxury lite hiking staff by any chance?

Grtz Johan
    My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence.

mob: +31 6 44 80 82 63

http://www.dutchunlimited.com
    http://dutchunlimited.com/english/

My YouTube

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB DL 1.1 & Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Black MacCat Del.
    Insulation
    Yeti 3,4 & HRQ/HGB
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopie
    Images
    Fun video MM. Was Frosty from nashville only using a space blanket for under insulation?. I liked that little esbit simmer unit. The early morning shots were great.

thanks

bill
    " The mind creates the abyss, the heart crosses it."

“The measure of your life will not be in what you accumulate, but in what you give away.” ~Wayne Dyer

www.birchsidecustomwoodwork.com

Hammock
    Tinkr Custom, Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, Superfly
    Insulation
    EE RevX, HG, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware, Trees
    Images
    Thanks for sharing your trip MM. How do you like the Vivobarefoot Ultra Pure shoes?
    see you on the trail,
    Mike

#optoutside

Quote Originally Posted by MedicineMan View Post
    Yoda 48 hours is a long shift! Still studying the BOT and the Grill...no big decisions yet...oh forgot to tell you I CANNOT get the Candiru to spark back to the drawing board on that. Might just carry a bit of hacksaw blade for that.
    Yea it is a long one, but the best part is the second 24 is OT so time and a half.

The more I am seeing the grill and the size meat it can handle, the more I'm liking it. For me when the family goes with I think it would have some real purpose. When I solo a stick works just as good (got that from Dutch). Yea I figured the spine would do that, shame really because having it at a 90 allows one to get some fine shavings for a tinder bundle and then also provides a scraper for the firesteel. Guess that is my one big draw to Bark River, no mods to do at least for me that is. LazyRiver has the Pocket Bravo and had a kydex sheath made for it, truly nice small fixie, although pricey.
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB DL 1.1 & Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Black MacCat Del.
    Insulation
    Yeti 3,4 & HRQ/HGB
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopie
    Images
    [QUOTE=MedicineMan;1029110]t...oh forgot to tell you I CANNOT get the Candiru to spark back to the drawing board on that.

MM; I have stripped both my esee #3 and #4 of the coating on the blade. Frankly i like it better. I then took a ******* file to the spine to make sure it was square, now they throws sparks like no tomorrow and i don't have to carry something extra,,,,,,,,you know,, extra,,,,,,,= more weight (-;

bill
    " The mind creates the abyss, the heart crosses it."

“The measure of your life will not be in what you accumulate, but in what you give away.” ~Wayne Dyer

www.birchsidecustomwoodwork.com

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    Bill good point! I have some spray in a can that will completely remove the coating. I used it on a bushcraft knife recently--great idea; and Yoda pricey don't matter does it when the time comes
    B2R, yes Valcor at LuxuryLite make all 3 of my poles, each modded to a purpose range, or rather a range of purposes. The two most used poles have over 1500 miles of hiking on them and the tips have been replaced twice.
    Blackfoot- for camp shoes I love them weightwise; they also do much better in creek crossings. The holes will let in dew though for early morning walks up a field to check on a camera though.....
    Vargo Ti Box for family use--on the Greenbriar trail coming up I've already figured it will grill 5 hotdogs at a time

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ's
    Images
    Another great video and gear review. Looks like you have a little diy blood in you making the net for the sock.

Quote Originally Posted by Roche View Post
    Hangnout and I were able to do a little hike this weekend and we saw the effects of the rain
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicineMan View Post
    And Roche, your little hike was what, close to 40 miles of Smoky terrain in 3 days. For me I wouldn't call that little but a huge physical achievement. I'm glad HNO got out of his cage for some woods time.
    Little hike for Roche but kicked my butt. Thanks for having my back on that one

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    Great video and pics MM. Keep them coming. Love everything you and Poof enjoy in your vast array of travels. enjoyed your Te-Wa Summer Breeze UQ as mine fits my WBRR bridge hammock perfectly with the saddle bags exposed and works like a charm,,other nite at 62 degrees, had to vent mine alittle as was super warm with a extra oz of down in it.
    Last edited by Acer; 06-17-2013 at 21:04.
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    It amazes me that anyone could be into hammocking and not know of the Hammock Forums! I suppose not everyone has access to the internet. You have snakes at your house! And you wonder about the snakes here! lol Looked nice though! Thanks for the video, MedicineMan!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast