Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26
  1. #21
    Senior Member ftroop94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Carmel, IN
    Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, WB Spinn
    Insulation
    Leigh-Lo, HG
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    423

    TN/Nashville/Bear Island/June 21-23

    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372017702.116716.jpg

    A shot of the ninja turtle (aka Spamburgler) jumping from Hole in the Wall this weekend!!!

    A great time with Rayn, Hangnout, Grapenut, Ragnall and Spammy!
    Afoot and light-hearted, I take to the open road,
    Healthy, free, the world before me,
    The long brown path before me, leading wherever I choose.

  2. #22
    Rain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Hammock
    Modified HH Ultralite
    Tarp
    MacCat or OMW
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Posts
    2,362
    Images
    7

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by spamburglar View Post
    Wish you could make it. I dont think I have seen you since our trip to the Mast General Store. Not sure if I should thank you for introducing me to that place or not. LOL Yet another place to empty my wallet
    I can't help it! Wife and I even visited the original 1900s Mast General Store in Valle Crucis, NC last month the weekend of Trail Days. What a neat place! And it'll empty your wallet even faster.

    Seeing that photo of you leaping from the cliff into the lake ALMOST makes me sad I didn't make it, though I had a GREAT time in the Citico Creek Wilderness this weekend, hiking with a Nashville friend and Tipi Walter. I'm definitely going back to that place.

    Today, I head to Bear Island to camp tonight with Neo.

    Rain Man

    .
    "You can stand tall without standing on someone. You can be a victor without having victims." --Harriet Woods
    .

  3. #23
    Senior Member spamburglar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Traveller
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    LeighLo quilts
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    Posts
    736
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
    I can't help it! Wife and I even visited the original 1900s Mast General Store in Valle Crucis, NC last month the weekend of Trail Days. What a neat place! And it'll empty your wallet even faster.

    Seeing that photo of you leaping from the cliff into the lake ALMOST makes me sad I didn't make it, though I had a GREAT time in the Citico Creek Wilderness this weekend, hiking with a Nashville friend and Tipi Walter. I'm definitely going back to that place.

    Today, I head to Bear Island to camp tonight with Neo.

    Rain Man

    .
    We missed you for sure. good times were had by all. I have to admit though, when I climbed to the top I realized that as I have aged my inner daredevil has diminished. It took a good 10 minutes AFTER I caught my breath from the climb up to finally take the plunge. To anybody who might want to try this at home just take my advice...keep your legs closed! the water sure hits the nethers hard from that height lol Hope to see you again soon
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up here"~Jack Nicholson/As Good As It Gets

  4. #24
    neo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    nashville,tennessee
    Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Posts
    4,288
    Images
    295
    Me and rain man are camping on bear island this evening .neo
    the matrix has you

  5. #25
    Senior Member hangnout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Monterey, TN
    Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ's
    Posts
    1,789
    Images
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
    ...Today, I head to Bear Island to camp tonight with Neo.

    Rain Man

    .
    Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    Me and rain man are camping on bear island this evening .neo
    If we had known you were going today we would have left some trail magic. We did clean the place up some for you.

    Video of our trip posted is posted in the Trip Reports

  6. #26
    neo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    nashville,tennessee
    Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Posts
    4,288
    Images
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by hangnout View Post
    If we had known you were going today we would have left some trail magic. We did clean the place up some for you.

    Video of our trip posted is posted in the Trip Reports
    We stayed at my favorite site last night straight across from the beach.I mainly use the site you guys stayed at for group hangouts.neo
    the matrix has you

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-29-2014, 06:59
  2. TN/Bear Island/Nashville June 2013
    By hangnout in forum Trip Reports
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-28-2013, 18:14
  3. my camp out on bear island june 12th to 14th
    By neo in forum Trip Reports
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-15-2013, 17:05
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-01-2013, 00:01
  5. nashville area kayak hangout on bear island june 8,9,10th percey priest lake
    By neo in forum Hangouts, Campouts, and Trip Planning
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 06-17-2012, 07:46

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •