Warbonnet Traveler XL
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle

MambaJamba Questions?

Is the MambaJamba seam sealed and ready to go? I would have just emailed Brandon but I figured this might help other people.

Also, is it best to use two pieces of cord each tied to the ends of the ridgeline of the tarp to attach it to the tree? Or, should I use one piece of cord to tie between the trees and attach the tarp to it?

Thanks for any help,

ky chris
    Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday...there is no someday.

Images
    the mj has polyester edge binding on the rl, and the rl seam is a little different, the stitches are facing side to side rather than up into the air so they aren't directly exposed to falling rain. so i don't seal it. i did a quick garden hose test and it seemed like it would be fine with no sealing so i haven't been. several have the mj, so they'll have to comment on if it is ok without or needs it.

here's how i tie the rl:
    take a length of cord with a loop in the end. larkshead/girth hitch the tree. now you have a single line hanging from the tree (on both trees) i tie to one end of the rl with a slipped buntline hitch and the other end i tie to the rl with a truckers hitch. the rl is stretch resistent so you don't need top pull it real tight, just tighten it up a little and then tie off the truckers with a couple half hitches.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    I've never actually had my MJ rained on, so I can't comment on the leakyness, but I didn't bother to seam seal it, as Brandon said, it seems like the stitches aren't exposed really.

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    I use 2 pieces of cguy line on may tarp, 1 pieced tie to each end of the ridge line.

Chris,

When you seam seal your tarp, do yourself a favor and get you some of the Permatex 100% Silicone Flowable Windshield Sealer. They sell it at Advance Auto Parts. I bought 2 tubes this week which was all they had on the shelf. That was earlier in the week so they probably got some back in stock. By far the best seam sealer, IMHO. It's very to apply straight out of the tube, doesn't stink, and does not get tacky when dries.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.0
    Tarp
    Nothing atm....
    Insulation
    Costco down throws
    Suspension
    WBBB Line/Strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by headchange4u View Post
    I use 2 pieces of cguy line on may tarp, 1 pieced tie to each end of the ridge line.
    All the hangers I know around here do this as well (me included). I think it's really for just a bit of weight savings more than anything. I suspect using one piece of cord going between the trees though give's you a little more options and possibly easier setup. Just a personal preference but I seem to do fine with 2 guyouts and figure 9s to rig up my tarp quickly.

Chris,

When you seam seal your tarp, do you[rself a favor and get you some of the Permatex 100% Silicone Flowable Windshield Sealer. They sell it at Advance Auto Parts. I bought 2 tubes this week which was all they had on the shelf. That was earlier in the week so they probably got some back in stock. By far the best seam sealer, IMHO. It's very to apply straight out of the tube, doesn't stink, and does not get tacky when dries.
    You think that stuff is as good as silnet? It doesn't make the seam super stiff or anything?

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    I tie a guyline to each tree, and clip two of the carabiner figure 9's to the tieout points on the MJ. Then it's as simple as pulling the tarp tight on both ends.

I just read an awesome idea from ZQ about tying the tarp directly to the hammock webbing suspension carabiner. Since this carabiner is right up against the tree, you shouldn't have the sag issues you have with a tarp connected to the hammock suspension with prussiks like a HH. I'll be leaving to go hammocking in a few hours, so I will definitely try this one out.

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.0
    Tarp
    Nothing atm....
    Insulation
    Costco down throws
    Suspension
    WBBB Line/Strap
    Images
    Ya thanks to ZQ on that idea....I saw that as well and am interested in trying that out....should work out well and make those ground dwellers even more envious of our super fast setups

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rushthezeppelin View Post
    You think that stuff is as good as silnet? It doesn't make the seam super stiff or anything?

100 times better IMHO. The sealer just flows into the needle holes and no stiff seams.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.0
    Tarp
    Nothing atm....
    Insulation
    Costco down throws
    Suspension
    WBBB Line/Strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by headchange4u View Post
    100 times better IMHO. The sealer just flows into the needle holes and no stiff seams.
    Good to know although I doubt I'll be sealing another tarp again as my next one will definitely will be one of Brian's or Brandon's.

Hammock
    HHULB
    Tarp
    Mamba Jamba
    Insulation
    Yeti & NoSniv
    Suspension
    Slings
    Images
    Only had my mambajamba in the light rain with no problems and I use figure 9's on the ridge line.

• + New Posts