Hammock
    NX-250

Manufacturing upgrade for Vertex Hammock

I just ordered a Vertex hammock yesterday, and got an email stating that "This item just underwent a major upgrade that will make it ever more fun to use and more comfortable". This has slowed Clark down getting them out the door, but I'm excited to discover what the new upgrade is. Definitely worth a few extra days.
    More external pockets, new standard suspension? I don't know, but I trust Clark's engineering decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by IRON_ORR View Post
    I just ordered a Vertex hammock yesterday, and got an email stating that "This item just underwent a major upgrade that will make it ever more fun to use and more comfortable". This has slowed Clark down getting them out the door, but I'm excited to discover what the new upgrade is. Definitely worth a few extra days.
    More external pockets, new standard suspension? I don't know, but I trust Clark's engineering decisions.
    They took the web page down for it. Hmmmmmm....

Hammock
    Clark TX-250
    Tarp
    Vertex
    Suspension
    Atlas Straps
    Vertex Seems to be back up now ? Don't see much of a change, wonder what they changed ?
    God bless! Brent

Many a good hanging prevents a bad marriage.
    -- William Shakespeare

What sets a canoeing expedition apart is that it purifies you more rapidly and inescapably than any other travel. Travel a thousand miles by train and you are a brute; pedal five hundred on a bicycle and you remain basically a bourgeois; paddle a hundred in a canoe and you are already a child of nature.
    -- Pierre Elliott Trudeau

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    I don't keep wayback-machine versions of Clark web pages. So, number and sizes of pockets might be some areas of change. They're the designers and evolutionary experts on their own stuff, but I'd guess there's a need to keep simpler the stock of different under-insulation pad sets in stock. From Clark's not including model tags and serial numbers on their hammocks, you need to know dates of mfg, or be on record with Clark as an original purchaser, to be sure you are ordering the right ones. (I've written the model on the stuff sack of each of mine to distinguish them.

Maybe there were parts on the old Vertex from now-discontinued 8ft long models? Maybe it is longer than the Flex180 as part of product differentiation.

I'd also guess they learned some things from the Flex 180 experience.

There must also still be a shake-down period for the data sheets. The pad sets can't really be all at the (same-weights) they list.

Observations, not complaints. I'm in a Clark most nights.

Hammock
    NX-250
    OK. Just received my Vertex yesterday. They have added a pole at the foot end, eliminating the guylines that used to hold up the top. Also, the weathershield/netting zipper has been redesigned. It is now set up so that if you have both netting and weathershied deployed, you can open both with one zipper like on the NX 250. Apparently before, they had separate zippers that had to be operated independently. I haven't had a chance to get to the woods to set up yet. Probably this weekend. Headed up to Manistique for Sat. and Sun.

Hammock
    DIY WBBB, DIY Flex 180
    Tarp
    MEC Guides Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 down UQ
    Suspension
    Buckles and binas
    Pics please does the netting and wether shield still store in the foot end?

• + New Posts