Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL,WBBB XLC 1.7DL
    Tarp
    HH HEX
    Insulation
    HG Incubator!
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks

I am convinced hammock gear has the best customer service period!

I have delt with small shops for the better part of a decade now; from vw diesel folks to land cruiser folks to custom environmental testing equipment and of course out door equipment.

Adam is by far the best person I have delt with (I seriously want to buy him a beer)
    I have been the biggest PIA customer but he has always treated me well.

It startred when I orderd a (what I would call) 7/8ths undet quilt.
    I had stumbled on a part of the site he set up for a custom order (a short full length). It was less money and longer than I'm tall so I figured it would be great for me. Some how (in my excitement of saving a few bucks) I missed ths giant pink sign that said "this item is out of stock".. (Remember I wasn't even suposed to see the product it was a glich that allowed me in there). I wrote an email apologizing for my mistake and offering to pay the difference for a full length quilt. He immediately wrote me back and apologized for having that quilt on the site for me to get! Then Adam proceeded to say that since it was on there they would honor it and make the short quilt for me. I said that really it was fine that I would pay for the flight quilt since it said it was out of stock and he reassured me that it was okay and that actually the shorter quilt would be a little bit lighter and be a better option for me me because of my hieght and temp range. So then I called him to explain that I would like some extra down put in it and that I would pay extra for it and he explained; what they would do was just take smae amount of down that would be in the regular size quilt and stuff it into the short quilt and I wouldn't have want to have to pay any extra (i have suspicion that is why the short is cheaper in the first place).

After this amazing service the next day I decided to order a top quilt from him and ask that if I put the orders together can I get a discount on the shipping. He wrote me back stating that he would not only just charge me for one ship shipping but also give me a small discount for ordering two quilts at once.
    he actually apologized for the small discount!

I wrote him an email explaining what I wanted. Short extra wide 40 degree with 2 extra ounces of fill. I didn't hear from him for a couple days so I got nervous in these days of instant satisfaction. so I decided to call and make sure that you got my email and understood what I wanted it was obvious that he was preoccupied with something that sounded fairly important but he took the time to talk to me and was still very patient. He said he would put the price of the two orders together then calculate the total discount and send me an invoice for what I owed him. a few days past and I didn't hear anything so again I called him he picked up the phone he remembered who I was and apologize profusely word for his negligence and assured me that my order would not be delayed due to his negligence (his words not mine).
    I got the invoice that night for the remainder and a shipping notice the next day.

I got my quilts and they are exactly what I wanted. I'll then unfortunately I noticed a small amount of Downton leaking out of the side of the top quilt. it seems as if the edges were not overlapping when the seam was sewn.
    I emailed them asking for some advice of what to do thinking that my response would be to take it to a tailor and have them finish it up or just put some tape on it maybe get a few bucks back for the work that needed to be donebecause it really did not seem like that big of a deal. I got an email back again apologizing for the work I'm saying that he would send me a shipping label a mediately and fix the issue and when he said that quilt back but there would be something else added to the box to make up for my inconvenience.
    Last edited by CLANKBANG; 06-22-2013 at 21:21.
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything; They just make the best of everything.

The richest person is not the one who has the most but the one who needs the least. (unkown)

and of course There are A LOT of chickens in China.
    NPR correspondent-- Hong Kong

Hammock
    Tarp
    HH HEX
    Insulation
    HG Incubator!
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Needless to say I am completely blown away with a customer service. The saga is not over yet but I feel absolutely confident that I am in good hands with hammock gear.

I have literally had people tell me to take a part that I bought to a fab shop to get it re work so that it would work properly without any offer for reimbursement.

If at any point I can justify a Cuban chart I will definitely be buying it from hammock gear
    in the meantime I pray that they decide to make a down jacket from that new argon material..

Im definitely in the running for thier bigest fan.

Thanks for reading my rant and sorry for typos this was done on my phone wrapped in warm HG goodness.
    Last edited by CLANKBANG; 06-22-2013 at 20:59.
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything; They just make the best of everything.

The richest person is not the one who has the most but the one who needs the least. (unkown)

Hammock
    Tarp
    HH HEX
    Insulation
    HG Incubator!
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Did I say Adam was awesome yet...
    Because I just got off the phone with him again....
    And he is.... (awesome that is)

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    I have them ranked as a very close second best.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    Tarp
    HH HEX
    Insulation
    HG Incubator!
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Yes dutch you have to been great to me as well.
    You have answered my many noobie questions with the same respect and politeness as Adam. I jus haven't been spent as much with you just yet.. I have ordered something like $80 worth of gear within the last couple of days.

Images
    I have always heard about their good service however I never got a reply to my email so went elsewhere and got excellent service from several other vendors.

It is possible that my email went "missing" I guess so not too worried, stuff happens .

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20°
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I have them ranked as a very close second best.
    first equal?

Hammock
    Tarp
    HH HEX
    Insulation
    HG Incubator!
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy View Post
    I have always heard about their good service however I never got a reply to my email so went elsewhere and got excellent service from several other vendors.

It is possible that my email went "missing" I guess so not too worried, stuff happens .
    I have noticed he doesn't tend to replay on the weekends (if its true I don't blame them they need a break some times)
    Hey has always picked up the phone though and talked up 20 min with me (about stuff he doesn't sell!)
    I know from the forum they had a pretty rough time (family)..
    That might have been it too.

Truly the only vender I have delt with that I actually want to meet some time.....

Other than dutch of course.

Hammock
    Wbbb 1.1dbl.- Traveler multicam 1.9
    Tarp
    H.G. Cuben camo
    Insulation
    Phinc-burrow- H.R.
    Top notch people and service..... ... Always answers the phone.... Keep in mind custom magic is happening there and patience goes a long ways..
    Gonna bug them tomorrow for yet another uq.. Yes, I am a proud repeat offender....:lol
    Gout man needs his downy goodness....
    We would be one step closer to world peace, if everyone slept in a hammock..

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow & Incubator
    Suspension
    cinch / whoopies
    He told me the same thing about getting something extra when I had to return my quilts but I didn't get anything extra when the quilts came back. (I ordered a burrow and incubator during the black Friday sale and there was a gap in the seams on both quilts leaking down, he explained that they had hired a new worker and most of the problems were traced back to that worker.) I wasn't looking for any freebies but after he mentioned it in both of our conversations on the phone I was looking forward to the gift. Oh well. I also had a ridiculous time getting a response through email and phone messages until I finally sent an email letting them know how disappointed I was in their service. I chose hammock gear because the overwhelming majority of people talk about how excellent they are. Anyway, they fixed the quilts and now I'm good to go to the woods. I would try them again since they have such a good rep but my first experience with them wasn't as great as everyone else's. I still believe they make great products and congrats on your new gear.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast