Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL,WBBB XLC 1.7DL
    Tarp
    HH HEX
    Insulation
    HG Incubator!
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks

I am convinced hammock gear has the best customer service period!

I have delt with small shops for the better part of a decade now; from vw diesel folks to land cruiser folks to custom environmental testing equipment and of course out door equipment.

Adam is by far the best person I have delt with (I seriously want to buy him a beer)
    I have been the biggest PIA customer but he has always treated me well.

It startred when I orderd a (what I would call) 7/8ths undet quilt.
    I had stumbled on a part of the site he set up for a custom order (a short full length). It was less money and longer than I'm tall so I figured it would be great for me. Some how (in my excitement of saving a few bucks) I missed ths giant pink sign that said "this item is out of stock".. (Remember I wasn't even suposed to see the product it was a glich that allowed me in there). I wrote an email apologizing for my mistake and offering to pay the difference for a full length quilt. He immediately wrote me back and apologized for having that quilt on the site for me to get! Then Adam proceeded to say that since it was on there they would honor it and make the short quilt for me. I said that really it was fine that I would pay for the flight quilt since it said it was out of stock and he reassured me that it was okay and that actually the shorter quilt would be a little bit lighter and be a better option for me me because of my hieght and temp range. So then I called him to explain that I would like some extra down put in it and that I would pay extra for it and he explained; what they would do was just take smae amount of down that would be in the regular size quilt and stuff it into the short quilt and I wouldn't have want to have to pay any extra (i have suspicion that is why the short is cheaper in the first place).

After this amazing service the next day I decided to order a top quilt from him and ask that if I put the orders together can I get a discount on the shipping. He wrote me back stating that he would not only just charge me for one ship shipping but also give me a small discount for ordering two quilts at once.
    he actually apologized for the small discount!

I wrote him an email explaining what I wanted. Short extra wide 40 degree with 2 extra ounces of fill. I didn't hear from him for a couple days so I got nervous in these days of instant satisfaction. so I decided to call and make sure that you got my email and understood what I wanted it was obvious that he was preoccupied with something that sounded fairly important but he took the time to talk to me and was still very patient. He said he would put the price of the two orders together then calculate the total discount and send me an invoice for what I owed him. a few days past and I didn't hear anything so again I called him he picked up the phone he remembered who I was and apologize profusely word for his negligence and assured me that my order would not be delayed due to his negligence (his words not mine).
    I got the invoice that night for the remainder and a shipping notice the next day.

I got my quilts and they are exactly what I wanted. I'll then unfortunately I noticed a small amount of Downton leaking out of the side of the top quilt. it seems as if the edges were not overlapping when the seam was sewn.
    I emailed them asking for some advice of what to do thinking that my response would be to take it to a tailor and have them finish it up or just put some tape on it maybe get a few bucks back for the work that needed to be donebecause it really did not seem like that big of a deal. I got an email back again apologizing for the work I'm saying that he would send me a shipping label a mediately and fix the issue and when he said that quilt back but there would be something else added to the box to make up for my inconvenience.
    Last edited by CLANKBANG; 06-22-2013 at 21:21.
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything; They just make the best of everything.

The richest person is not the one who has the most but the one who needs the least. (unkown)

and of course There are A LOT of chickens in China.
    NPR correspondent-- Hong Kong

• + New Posts