Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: I am convinced hammock gear has the best customer service period!

Quote Originally Posted by aclawrence View Post
    He told me the same thing about getting something extra when I had to return my quilts but I didn't get anything extra when the quilts came back. (I ordered a burrow and incubator during the black Friday sale and there was a gap in the seams on both quilts leaking down, he explained that they had hired a new worker and most of the problems were traced back to that worker.) I wasn't looking for any freebies but after he mentioned it in both of our conversations on the phone I was looking forward to the gift. Oh well. I also had a ridiculous time getting a response through email and phone messages until I finally sent an email letting them know how disappointed I was in their service. I chose hammock gear because the overwhelming majority of people talk about how excellent they are. Anyway, they fixed the quilts and now I'm good to go to the woods. I would try them again since they have such a good rep but my first experience with them wasn't as great as everyone else's. I still believe they make great products and congrats on your new gear.
    I had a similar experience. I was not impressed and ordered my other quilts from elsewhere.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL,WBBB XLC 1.7DL
    Tarp
    HH HEX
    Insulation
    HG Incubator!
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Wow; when did you order?.. maybe he has improved since then..

I have noticed that its almost impossible to get a hold of him over the weekend; but he has always returned my calls and emails..
    Again they had a real hard time a few months back (personal but can be found on the forum)..

I'm sure all have had different experiences but I have never had a more helpful and friendly vendor..

Remember he is in the cottage industry which means he operates on a shoe string budget and is doing it because he loves what he does; I can guarantee its not for the money.
    This is the first vendor that has made me feel like I am a true friend not a customer though Dutch has been very friendly Adam has a different determiner (with me at least) . I mean I really feel like we are friends now.

You just have to stay on top of these guys and communicate as much as possible or things will get dropped (I'm sure Adam can attest to that fact that I have annoyed the crap out of him... Its ok Adam feel free to confirm; I call three times a day some times).
    This isn't Amazon we are dealing with..

I know in truth its more; but think of it, as you are dealing with one guy and his sewing machine. Be friendly and patient and the kindness will return.

I digress:
    I shipped mu quilt out Monday and got a notice shipment yesterday from them.. I can't imagine that they got it an fixed it that fast (maybe they are just sending me a new one or just a thank you card); either way I'm stoked.

Edited for grammar and spelling content remained mostly the same
    Last edited by CLANKBANG; 07-05-2013 at 09:56. Reason: Edited for grammar and spelling content remained mostly the same
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything; They just make the best of everything.

The richest person is not the one who has the most but the one who needs the least. (unkown)

and of course There are A LOT of chickens in China.
    NPR correspondent-- Hong Kong

Hammock
    Tarp
    HH HEX
    Insulation
    HG Incubator!
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    I hope to join them on a hang some day..
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything; They just make the best of everything.

The richest person is not the one who has the most but the one who needs the least. (unkown)

Hammock
    Tarp
    HH HEX
    Insulation
    HG Incubator!
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Seriously call him tell him you didn't get what was offered and I'm sure he will get it to you.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow & Incubator
    Suspension
    cinch / whoopies
    Sorry CLANKBANG, I wasn't trying to put a damper on your positive thread. Adam was very friendly when I talked with him on the phone and I could tell he was upset that I had gotten two bad quilts. It was just frustrating, I waited patiently as all the black Friday stuff was being made and when my quilts finally came....man that was disappointing. I finally got in touch with Adam but then we had a miscommunication, I thought he was sending me return labels to ship the quilts back, a week later nothing so I call again, he apologizes and from this point he quickly ships the labels and quickly fixes my quilts and shipped them back to me (without the gift lol). Now I've got two great quilts. I have talked to a few others that have had similar experiences but we're not really interested in getting on the forum and bashing anybody. I know you'll have this kind of stuff anywhere and HG seems to receive high praises from the majority but nobody is perfect. I hope to get a cuben tarp one day and maybe I'll try them again.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HH HEX
    Insulation
    HG Incubator!
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    No worries at all.. I am up for a objective discussion..
    If no emotions get involved and people are truthful about their experience then others can make a more informed decision on who they want to deal with...

I do want to come to Adam's defense though and say that the "gift" an over look probably do to the busy time (you said around black Friday (as in the day after thanksgiving black Friday?)). I would Imagine that he has some help with his business and may even had more temp hires to help with the Christmas load.
    I am confident that If you are worried about your "gift" (I would be with what I'm supposed to be getting) that you could contact him now and he would send it right out to you probably along with something else to make up for his mistake..

I am Biased though and have only dealt with Dutch, Hammock Gear, Mini Bull, and Warbonnet as far as vendor associated with this form..
    Some of the others may be better but Adam has won me as a permanent customer.

I have heard good stuff about wilderness logics too.. But have never dealt with him.

I will probably by my next tarp from some one else though (maybe Warbonnet). simply because I cannot justify the expense of a cuben fiber tarp and as far as I know that's all they offer.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow & Incubator
    Suspension
    cinch / whoopies
    Yes he does have extra help for the black Friday sale. One of the extra workers seemed to be responsible for most of faulty quilts during this period. When I spoke to Adam about the quilts it had been a while since the sale. My shipping notices were Dec. 26 and Feb. 4th. So it was after Christmas when I received them the first time and then Feb 4 when they shipped them back from repairs. So it wasn't quite as hectic by this point. I'm sure he would have shipped me the gift if I would have contacted him but he already had to ship my the quilts back to himself for repair and back to me again so I wasn't comfortable asking him to ship me the gift after all that. I don't want to beat em' up too bad. I hope for all our cottage vendors to be very successful and coming up with lots of new gadgets and gizmos. My latest exp.eriences have been with Warbonnet and ULA. Both positive. I depend on the forums to get honest reviews and opinions from other people who really use the stuff. I'm getting tired of the reviews in magazines and websites. The forums share the real info. I think I saw you posted in another thread looking to try a bridge for your wife. I hope she finds a hammock that will be comfortable for her. Happy hanging.

Hammock
    Draumr or Sierra Madre
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    lots of down
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    i agree :0) i love their customer service.
    Megan
    In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer. [Albert Camus]

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12