I received my Blackbird XLC (ordered on May 10th) this past Monday (June 17th). I have tried it out in my front yard where optimally spaced trees just aren't available and there's too much undergrowth and/or WATER elsewhere on my property.

Soooo, I went over to Tinny's this morning, since he wanted to see and try the XLC (he's quite happy with his WB Ridge-runner and Spindrift sock, thank you very much -it too is VERY comfortable and well-made) and since the subject material was too good to pass up, shot a video of the XLC in all three modes of operation (Overcover on, traveller-mode, and bugnet on.

Other than Brandon's video to introduce the XLC, I haven't really seen anything that went into to much detail or depth regarding the XLC so here is our stab at it...

Hope this provides a bit more insight; even if it doesn't, it was fun to shoot. Although the XLC is sooo comfortable and easy to dial-in, if the trees are spaced right (approx. 15 feet, just like with the standard 10' Blackbird) that I was seriously fighting the 'sleep, now' impulse while I was in it.

So, without further ado...