Thread: DWR question

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    WL - Tadpole
    Suspension
    Python Straps

DWR question

I was just curious ... if adding the DWR treated down is free, why not just make it the standard if its so much better?

Moisture is no problem for our suppliers latest innovation in down processing. At the end of our suppliers proprietary multi-wash process, they add one ingenious step. A virtually weightless coating is applied and the result is a water resistant fill that retains all the qualities of the finest natural downs. Resist-Down™ is hydrophobic, engineered to keep you warm and dry for hours longer than untreated down. And if it does get wet, it dries up to three times faster than untreated down. All while retaining over 30% more loft than untreated down when exposed to moisture, and completely allergen free.
    What is there that I am not seeing? Why would anyone read that and say, "nope I prefer worse"

It looks like a huge breakthrough in the down world.

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    UGQ H11/12 WD11
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ ET's
    Images
    For us its strictly a matter of giving the customer a choice. We have been using DWR treated down in all our personal gear for the last 14 months. To be clear this is not the holy grail of waterproof down. While our in house testing has been pretty impressive the end user still needs to be aware of protecting their sleeping gear properly for their given activity. This goes for all insulation whether synthetic, standard down, or DWR down....
    Happy Hangin'

Paul - Master Fabric Welder @ UGQ

>>>VISIT UGQ OUTDOOR HERE<<<

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    WL - Tadpole
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    oh ok I see ... still sounds like great stuff you got over there.

• + New Posts