Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Question about eno and slap strap pro

Quote Originally Posted by alienjenn View Post
    I have been considering switching to the atlas straps...

I am not really sure how it would work to get a random strap to attach the eno to it... like knots or something?? I like the loop attachments on the straps because it makes it easy for me...

I didn't order from REI... I've gotten some from amazon... some from eno themselves...
    Very simple, ditch the stretchy eno junk, get non stretch straps and attach via a toggle, buckles or rings.

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    I have been considering switching to the atlas straps...

I am not really sure how it would work to get a random strap to attach the eno to it... like knots or something?? I like the loop attachments on the straps because it makes it easy for me...

I didn't order from REI... I've gotten some from amazon... some from eno themselves...
    Here's a link to the Warbonnet straps (scroll down to "Adjustable Webbing Suspension"). Here's a link to the Arrowhead Equipment version of same. A photo of the straps and buckles:

To attach to the hammock, run the continuous loop that's attached to the buckles through the end channel on the hammock and then tuck the buckles through the other end of the loop to larkshead the buckles to it. (I know that sounds complicated; it's really not, though. It'll cinch down fine on the end of the hammock.) Then pass the tag end of the strap through both buckles and then around one and through the other (like an old-style web belt). Take your carabiner for that side (since you've already got a pair, you won't need to purchase any unless you're looking to shave ounces) and clip it through the loop end of the strap.

To hang the hammock, run one strap around a tree, clip the carabiner over the strap. Go to the other end and repeat. Then adjust at the buckles by pulling the tag end of the strap to tension or pulling the buckles apart slightly to loosen the suspension. Easy-peasy.

Warbonnet did a handy-dandy video on this (the portion on the suspension starts at about 0:30):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...bxZLV4RU#at=14

Hope it helps!
    "Just prepare what you can and enjoy the rest."
    --Floridahanger

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG TQ,UQ, DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopies or rings
    Yes, I believe the only thing that eno makes that is any count is their hammocks. You have so many cheaper options that has been listed and once you get to using them you will find they are just as easy if not easier. I have become a big fan of the dutch whoopie hooks here recently and like the fact that I can just put continuous loops on all my hammocks and use the just 1 set of whoopies for all of them. And keeps my hammock dry if the whoopies get wet.
    "I love not man the less, but Nature more."
    Byron

Hammock
    ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logic
    Insulation
    Sleeping Bag/Pad
    Suspension
    AtlaStraps/Whoopie
    If you're set on the straps, get the Atlas Straps. I really like having the adjustable loops and all, and haven't had any issues with them at 290lbs.

Images

It's not necessarily that I'm "set on" straps... it's that my knowledge is limited and I'm uncertain how to use anything else

Hammock
    NX-250

Kammok Python straps, or ENO Atlas straps. Both have the daisy chain setup. Both are poly, not nylon, like the Slap Straps, and are extremely simple. Nothing to engineer or think about. Have fun hanging again.

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    My sheer manliness
    Suspension
    Whatever works

Question about eno and slap strap pro

In hopes to answer your original question: try putting the straps higher on the trees.

I used these straps for the first year I had my hammock. They just don't stop stretching... You might just have to deal with rigging your hammock like that. Most of us here have upgraded our suspension in some way from these things. There's lots of resources in this site, so keep at it!

Good luck and happy hangin'

Images

I've ordered the atlas straps... they should be here before our next outing

I often have to have a stick to push the straps up because I put them up as high add I can and still sink... I've had my son stand on my shoulders and put them at close to eight and a half feet tall... and still sink...

I'm going to get this... I love hammocking... I just don't like it on the ground

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    I've ordered the atlas straps... they should be here before our next outing

I often have to have a stick to push the straps up because I put them up as high add I can and still sink... I've had my son stand on my shoulders and put them at close to eight and a half feet tall... and still sink...

I'm going to get this... I love hammocking... I just don't like it on the ground
    The Atlas straps won't stretch like the slap straps. You'll notice an immediate difference even when first getting in. Its much more solid and not springy feeling. You still don't have micro adjustability but if you are not fussed about that then you should be happy.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Images

My atlas straps came. ..

We went out on the c &o canal trail... it was awesome... the trail and the straps

Eventually i want to learn more and have lots and stuff... because i still have some slight issues... and i want to be able to make my own gear and such. .. but the atlas straps stopped the sinking. .. it was so nice to set it up and test it and only make slight adjustments and not end up on the ground I'm the middle of the night

Side note: I also got the eno pro fly. .. it was amazing to set up and kept me dry and the difference in weight was phenomenal

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12