Last edited by lvleph; 03-20-2007 at 06:11.
Jeff, is there a discussion of the double hammock? The male dino is actually considering hanging and my leg has improved enough that I'm fairly sure I will be able to reliably get in and out soon.
The ever-protective male dino wants his unable-to-run female dino close enough for him to protect in the event of a problem.
I don't have any pics up yet but I'll try to get some soon. Baseball season and work getting in the way...
“Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story
- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
- Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB
IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER
60" is just not wide enough IMO. It was difficult to get into and it was just not as comfortable as it should have been. I will continue to think about how to do this properly.
I think I discovered a reason why the doubles hammock was not comfortable. Although I now don't have one to test on. I think it was because I didn't have the proper sag. The hammock was too tight which made us lay almost on top of each other. I may attempt again later, but it will probably be some time.
So, why would two people want to sleep in one hammock? Why not just use two hammocks? It sounds crowded, clammy, and gross.
At any rate, the 1.5 inch stuff Ed sell will hold. As I remember, he suggests 1.5 inch webbing for up to about 350 lbs in his book.
Last edited by funbun; 04-04-2007 at 21:31.
- Male dino likes having female dino close enough to protect in the event of wild critters - humanoid or other. Female dino cannot run or make quick evasive maneuvers due to injury.
- Female dino likes to have male dino close because male dino has apnea and female dino nudges him to make him breathe sometimes.
- Both dinos get muscle cramps during the night and the other dino rubs the cramp out. His are in the damaged hand / arm from last year's table saw accident and hers are in the right leg / foot.
- Both dinos like each others company and just sleep better when they can touch, smell, hear each other.
I forget to breath a lot. I almost passed out once.