Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HGtop/underquilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie hooks

Indoor Brazilian Help

Hey all!

I recently bought a hammock stand (http://www.hammocks.com/hammock-stan...mmockstand.cfm this one to be exact...) and have been hanging from my diy tablecloth the past several nights. However, I really want to upgrade to a large Brazilian hammock as my full time bed replacement. I've about settled on this one: http://www.hammockexperts.com/Brazil...ovaDeluxe.html

Now my dilemma... I like my hammocks with a lot of sag, and reading through a lot of the indoor hammock threads seems to show that a Brazilian likes a lot of sag as well... The hammock stand I currently have only goes to 60" high, which I don't think will be nearly enough (I recall Cannibal posted a picture in a few of the indoor Brazilian threads that shows the kind of sag I'm after...) The room I'm currently hanging in is 12'6"x11'6". The ceiling starts at 7'6" at one end and slopes up to 9'6" at the other. I should also note that I'm in a modular home, so I have no idea what the ceiling joists are like. It is a two story home and I'm on the top floor if that helps anyone... I'm guessing my only options will be to build a makeshift stand to attain the height I'm after, or drive eye bolts into the ceiling joists (if there's even enough there for a hammock ) and use a chain or something at the higher end to get the attachment points level.

So, how can I get a Brazilian set up in this room? (I'm 5'7 and weigh ~150lbs)

I rent the place from my parents who are quite supportive of my hammocking ways so I'm open to a lot of options/ideas (barring redoing the entire ceiling or something like that).

Pics of the current setup:

(apologies for mess xD)

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I've yet to find a commercial stand that will accommodate my large home hammocks. Build your own stand (not at all difficult), or anchor into the structure; those are about your only real options. Neither is remotely difficult, but I like anchoring into the structure because when I need/want the space, I just unhook the hammock. If using a stand, you still have a big piece of furniture in the way.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Dutch 1.0 Hexon
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HGtop/underquilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie hooks
    Thanks for the reply! Looks like I'll be going with some eye bolts through the joists then. I'll delegate the stand to guest hammock duty/car camping in treeless areas or something

Hammock
    Sheltowee 20
    Tarp
    Speer
    Insulation
    Burrow
    Images
    I hang two hammocks in a small room by hanging at an angle (not straight across from one wall to the other) to gain more length. I anchored into the walls by using boards that cross three studs. I made my anchor boards to look like(and function as) book shelves. Wife approves.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Something hidden. Go and find it. Go, and look behind the Ranges. Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you . . . Go! - Rudyard Kipling

• + New Posts