TW Hornet
    Tarp
    TW Sargasso Storm
    Insulation
    DD Underblanket.
    Suspension
    Stock tree straps

First hang in Tenth Wonder Hornet 3Layer

Just wanted to put up here a quick review of my latest delivery, a Tenth Wonder Hornet Hammock Double Long (3 layer) zip model.

Here it is hanging, i had to add a loop through the channel to hang instead of the straps it has as they were too long for the TurtleDog Stand, but they are still attached when i get into the trees (or bivi bag it!)

My TDstand isnt quite long enough for the tarp (Sargasso Storm) but since taking the photo i managed to get rid of some of the slack!

The main adjustments needed were purely the ridgeline inside needed attaching, the elastic to take the mosi net were a bit fiddly to find the best place to hang it from.

I had my inflatable thermo rest (not fully inflated) inside the zip up second layer and the 3rd layer proved very useful as i could just sling the empty bags or my jumper/shorts in when i got too warm but they were still in reach.
    I had my old sleeping bag on top but as i was wearing my merino wool top i hardly needed it!

With it being 1.5m wide i had no problem laying diagonally and very quickly found the "sweet spot" and was blessed with a very comfy flat sleep.

I only woke up when the sun came up over the fence! - followed my my four legged friend who wanted to give it his seal of approval.

Just need the opportunity to test it in the wild now!

Hammock
    DYI, ENO DB, HH
    Tarp
    Varies
    Insulation
    WOOL
    Suspension
    STOCK
    Thanks for the report. I recently purchased a Green Hornet from another female Hanger, I like my Green Hornet better than the rest of my hammocks, plus the cost was very reasonable for what I received.

I like how Tenth Wonder answered my Email questions, I like my Hornet, I just want the newer improved model.

I am finding the ridge line to be a problem, it is too floopy, but I find the Hornet to be my favorite, it works the best for my body, really easy to get in and out of.

Your K9 is cute, my pal is very different form yours. I have a Bouvier, she has just recently decided that Hanging is a good idea. In the past she likes car camping, with her in charge of guarding the vehicle. Now, I think she is starting to want to stay with the humans.

I hope you enjoy your Hornet as much as I am enjoying mine.

Hammock
    TW Hornet
    Tarp
    TW Sargasso Storm
    Insulation
    DD Underblanket.
    Suspension
    Stock tree straps
    I found that if I pulled the ridgeline back on itself and double fisherman knotted it then I can get it tight enough.

I have to agree with you on the price, you get a lot of hang for your buck.

Great service from Neil as well. I had some delivery notes that ensured it arrived when I was at home with full tracking info.

Hammock
    Custom 10th Wonder hammock
    Tarp
    Winter SARGASSO
    Insulation
    Cocoon/self In mat
    Suspension
    diy whoopie slings
    Great hammock & tarp love mine....
    experientia docet stultos...
    John

Hammock
    wbbb
    Tarp
    DIY silnylon
    Insulation
    diy underquilt
    Suspension
    whoopies
    looks great i loved mine but turned to the darkside and ordered wbbb hope i dont regret it as i let my tw go really should have kept it at the price as they are well made for not alot of money, atb wayne

• + New Posts