Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    No hunting, maybe one day... Seems difficult to get into when your born and raised in the city and don't know a single person who hunts... Spot and stalk seems like it would be fun though.

I do like a compound bow though...
    I can't pitch straight, and I am no good without sights either... But fortunately I like gizmos and high performance stuff.

Just have a 2012 stinger w/HHA slider and fire a spot hogg friday night special, but it shoots reasonably well.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Goose bumps
    Suspension
    Bat Feet
    I thought 3 fingers under was normal

Be hanging and hunting again this year, both deer & elk.
    Shoot an old Bear recurve, probably older than a lot of the folks here.
    Love is blind. Marriage is an eye opener.

Hammock
    Eno dn/BAIS
    Tarp
    real tree hunters
    Insulation
    peapod
    Suspension
    whoopie

Any bowhunters here?

Quote Originally Posted by MDSH View Post
    Just finished refurbishing the .30-06 that I inherited from my dad, a pre-64 Winchester Model 70. I suffered traumatic injuries in a boating accident so resuming bow hunting will have to wait. I'll feel blessed to sit on a deer stand with the rifle this year.

Yes, now that it's been mentioned, it makes sense to hang for a hunting trip. My first physical therapist in Maine told me that he set up overnight for a huge buck he had scouted. He was a Vietnam vet and was used to sleeping under a poncho all night in the jungle. Hanging could put one deep in the woods ahead of those stalking in from the roads.

If they are legal in your state try a crossbow. I got mine after blowing out my shoulder. Here crossbows are legal in bow season.
    Carpe noctem!!

Hammock
    Eno dn/BAIS
    Tarp
    real tree hunters
    Insulation
    peapod
    Suspension
    whoopie

Any bowhunters here?

Just have a 2012 stinger w/HHA slider and fire a spot hogg friday night special, but it shoots reasonably well.[/QUOTE]

Is this a bow??
    Carpe noctem!!

Re: Any bowhunters here?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeinajeep View Post
    Just have a 2012 stinger w/HHA slider and fire a spot hogg friday night special, but it shoots reasonably well.
    Is this a bow??[/QUOTE]
    The stinger 3g is a compound.
    HHA slider is a sight that only uses one pin for all distance, and adjusts the height of the sight housing to correct for drop (you set a distance)
    Spot Hogg is a release aid, or like a trigger that is hand helf and fired with a thumb switch.

Definitely a ways away from the long bow

Hammock
    Wbbb 1.1dbl.- Traveler multicam 1.9
    Tarp
    H.G. Cuben camo
    Insulation
    Phinc-burrow- H.R.
    Quote Originally Posted by SnrMoment View Post

Define normal......... Yes, very common, but the norm probably would be split finger.. one on top two under.. I think it is all great as long as you are hitting what you are shooting at..
    With gas prices the way they are and the closest spot for me is an hour away, most of them a couple hours or so, it makes sense for me to just stay in the woods and hang instead of driving back and forth....
    We would be one step closer to world peace, if everyone slept in a hammock..

Hammock
    DIY PolyD 1.2
    Tarp
    DIY .74 oz cuben
    Insulation
    Marmot Mod & DIY
    Suspension
    Dynaglide & Anchor
    Quote Originally Posted by SnrMoment View Post

I have a Ben Pearson Cougar recurve that I've had since 15.

A friend gave me a self-made long bow and a hand full of primitive arrows. Some day, eh?

Mike

Learn to survive and thrive in any situation, for you never know what might happen. Love family and friends passionately. Suffer no fool. Know your purpose in life and follow it with all your heart.

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition Classic
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    JRB Nest
    Suspension
    AHE whoopie sling
    One place I bow hunt is a half mile by canoe to get to, I have always thought about camping there to hunt the next day might be a good place to hang. Thinking about running a para cord line under my tarp to hold my long bow at night.

Hammock
    Wbbb 1.1dbl.- Traveler multicam 1.9
    Tarp
    H.G. Cuben camo
    Insulation
    Phinc-burrow- H.R.
    You fellas shouldn't worry about your bow and the elements... Ever watch a Fred Bear video? That fella used his bow for everything but a pry bar to get his vehicle unstuck..
    Especially the recurves.. Just put a coat of wax on them from time to time..
    Mine is a kodiac hunter 1975.. Now arrows are a different story... I went to vanes last year so I am element worry free....
    We would be one step closer to world peace, if everyone slept in a hammock..

Hammock
    Homemade
    Tarp
    Homemade
    Suspension
    Readystraps
    Started to make a recurve a few years ago. Made a bow press, got some 2" fire hose on e-bay, plugged one end and put an air valve on the other. Made a 5 foot long oven out of plywood and insulation. Made the handle out of cherrywood and maple. Ordered two strips of black and two strips of white fiberglass for the limbs. It was going to have maple,black,cherry and white limbs. Ordered the resin for the limbs, picked up some maple and cherry for the limbs........And there everything sits. 3 years now. Or is it 4?
    Maybe I'll put it with the wind generator I started to build last year.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast