Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow & Incubator
    Suspension
    cinch / whoopies
    I'm a bow hunter from NW Alabama and a hanger too. I probably will keep a hammock in my pack this year in case I need to spend the night out. Sounds a lot better than sitting on the ground.

I actually owned a sporting goods store for three years. I specialized in archery gear and tuning. Unfortunately I never came up with the combination of stuff to stay busy year round and I had to close my shop. It was a great experience. I bought out a local guy who was kind of a legend in my area and got train with him, got to go Oregon to the Bowtech factory and go through their dealer school and got to learn how to deal with the good ole' public through my time working in my store.

I have thought about hiking into the Bankhead forest this year and camping and hunting. Man I would hate to have to drag out a deer and all my gear though. It would have to be a big one.
    Last edited by aclawrence; 07-06-2013 at 16:16. Reason: spelling

Hammock
    Breyman 1.1 ACU, GTUL, TL DBL
    Tarp
    BMJ, GG 12x12
    Insulation
    Incbtr 20, No Sniv
    Suspension
    Whoop whoop!
    Quote Originally Posted by MDSH View Post
    Yes, now that it's been mentioned, it makes sense to hang for a hunting trip... Hanging could put one deep in the woods ahead of those stalking in from the roads.

That's what I've done a couple times - get in there nearby, instead of trying to hike in through the dark. I just lean my bow, or hang it, on a tree.
    Might try using my heater body suit to sleep in the hammock. -I know I can sleep in it when I'm supposed to be "Hunting" on stand!

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345