Hennessy Expedition Asym Zip
    Insulation
    Modded Sleepin Bag
    Suspension
    Salvaged Seatbelts
    Images

July 1st one nighter.

Hey Everyone,

Packed up and headed out to the Little Big Econ State Forest, through the thick again. Feeding mosquitoes along the way. I did get some video of that day. An Awesome thunderstorm that rolled over would be a precursor to the camping expectations that evening. I left for the Jungle soon after that deluge of liquid Florida Sunshine. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm8Z61_GACY

I explored new ground and discovered excellent fauna laden geographical locations. I popped a few videos on my youtube channel. Took a few photos. The weather as always in FL this time of year was as I enjoy most. Rainy. I protect myself from the Mosquitoes buy covering up and Deet-ing Down. I have a saying, "If you not gonna DEET, you gonna get EAT". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRJPRPmNHXg

Many Whitetail Deer made an appearance both days in and out. Other than the frogs and the buzzing of mozzies, the night was calm and uneventful. It was a good sleep. I had dreams for the first time in the hammock, I can't recall details, I just remember having them. Which to me, was a good sign. My Fire burned well all night it had good protection from the wind and rain. I was up with the dawn and went through the morning basics. I was just taking down the last bit of my camp, the tarp, when on my left, in the river, was an unusual disturbance in the water. I spend a lot of time here and was confuzzeled by what was happening in front of me. It was then that a large body surfaced, bloated and kinda grey-pink, and then slowly dove followed by a large round tail. Manatees! Three of them swimming upriver on the econ. I saw clearly how many and how big. Two Adults and a Calf. I was amazed. I stopped what I was doing and grabbed my camera. I apologize early for not providing better footage. Sometimes the environment does not let you follow the river unless you are willing to get in the water. Which, I am not. I have seen gators bigger than my Kayak and No way. I had Hiked in this time. As I headed further and further away from my gear I was feeling less secure. No water, no safety equipment. I reluctantly abandoned my pursuit of these awesome animals and returned to camp. But with an excited heart and a mission. Get the word out. I called the FWC to let someone of authority know and hopefully put up notices to help slow down the boaters. They Love to rip through that river fast when it is this high. We have to do our best to protect what makes this state so awesome. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0NAMQaNkf8

It had been a good One-Nighter. I Hope you all enjoy the videos and the photos as much as I do getting them to you.
    Thank You so much Everyone.

Jay
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    GTSB-Pro/DIY
    Tarp
    Hen. Hex
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Straps/whoopies
    Wow, any trip report including manatees is just plain awesome! One you will always remember. Years ago my eldest son and I were swimming in the gulf in Fla. and several manatees came up to check us out. They swam all around us for a bit close enough to touch them. I guess they were curious about us. Absolutely one of our favorite once in a lifetime memories.

Hammock
    Warbonnet- BlackBird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet-SuperFly
    Insulation
    UQ-HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Straps
    Nice one nighter, thanks for the pics...

Senior Member Michelle the Camper's Avatar
    Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Maccat clone, OES
    Insulation
    PLUQ & DIYdown
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    You say you were confuzzled. Have you watched the movie Mary and Max?

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition Asym Zip
    Insulation
    Modded Sleepin Bag
    Suspension
    Salvaged Seatbelts
    Images
    Ahh Haa Yeah I did see that film, I loved it. And yep, that is where I robbed that word from lol. Thank you all, I am happy you enjoyed it.

• + New Posts