Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 91
  1. #51
    Skygzr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    St.Louis, MO
    Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear UQ,TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Posts
    682
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    Does it look like there's a good campsite about halfway around the loop? So we could do 11 or so miles one day, and then finish the loop the next day?

    This sounds like a possible run for Weasel and I when he gets back from AIT. And the timing should be good, since he'll be back late Sept. I don't know yet what his weekends in Oct are going to look like, but I'll let you know as soon as we find out.

    That would be a good timeframe to make sure that things have cooled off enough to kill off the bugs.
    I am sure we can find somewhere to hang!
    "nature speaks in the silence between words"
    www.mustexplore.blogspot.com

  2. #52

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Lone Jack, MO
    Hammock
    DD Frontline Hammock
    Tarp
    DD Tarp
    Insulation
    Trail Scout
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Posts
    124
    Looks like a great place to hang. Thanks for scouting it out.

  3. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock 4
    Suspension
    Stock Clark
    Posts
    189
    Hey is the october hang still going to happen? Was looking at the work calendar and it looks clear for october. Is there still an issue with finding a suitable location?

  4. #54
    Skygzr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    St.Louis, MO
    Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear UQ,TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Posts
    682
    Quote Originally Posted by RADIOHEAD View Post
    Hey is the october hang still going to happen? Was looking at the work calendar and it looks clear for october. Is there still an issue with finding a suitable location?
    I am still game- Owl your thought on October?
    "nature speaks in the silence between words"
    www.mustexplore.blogspot.com

  5. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kansas City, KS
    Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe+2QZQ Mod #4
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/ 2QZQ OFS
    Insulation
    OWL 20* TQ/UQ's
    Suspension
    Whoopies+Biner
    Posts
    1,305
    Guys, I gotta apologize. I've got a lot going on in life right now...have no idea when I'll have the time to setup a hang. I know I'll be hanging sometime this fall/winter...but right now, I can't guess when I'm going to be able to plan it out.

    I'd say go ahead and plan what y'all can do together...if I can make it, it'll probably be a last minute notice things unless something changes drastically.

    Again...sorry friends.

  6. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock 4
    Suspension
    Stock Clark
    Posts
    189
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    Guys, I gotta apologize. I've got a lot going on in life right now...have no idea when I'll have the time to setup a hang. I know I'll be hanging sometime this fall/winter...but right now, I can't guess when I'm going to be able to plan it out.

    I'd say go ahead and plan what y'all can do together...if I can make it, it'll probably be a last minute notice things unless something changes drastically.

    Again...sorry friends.
    Owl,

    No apology necessary! Think it's safe to say you have done way more than most (myself included) to organize these hangs! We all appreciiate what you do.

    Everyone,

    How about the second weekend in October? Any thoughts?

  7. #57
    Senior Member 1066vik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    NE Ks
    Posts
    157
    Oct 11-13 I'll be at a Bushcraft meet west of Wichita.

  8. #58
    Skygzr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    St.Louis, MO
    Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear UQ,TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Posts
    682

    Missouri Oct Hang

    Ok, how about we make it official and see if this suits everyone.

    Oct 18, 19, 20 at Cedar Creek ( this is the Columbia area)
    we will use the Pine Ridge campsite as our base for those that want to come and hang and be very close to car camp with good food and good fun. those that want to explore can take advantage of the 22 mile loop to do the entire loop or do some out and backs as they see fit including camping around the loop if you don't want to hang in the same spot all weekend.
    The Pine Ridge Campsite offers splendid trees and would be a great place for a group hang.
    what say you all?

    Pine Ridge.jpg
    "nature speaks in the silence between words"
    www.mustexplore.blogspot.com

  9. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock 4
    Suspension
    Stock Clark
    Posts
    189
    Quote Originally Posted by Skygzr View Post
    Ok, how about we make it official and see if this suits everyone.

    Oct 18, 19, 20 at Cedar Creek ( this is the Columbia area)
    we will use the Pine Ridge campsite as our base for those that want to come and hang and be very close to car camp with good food and good fun. those that want to explore can take advantage of the 22 mile loop to do the entire loop or do some out and backs as they see fit including camping around the loop if you don't want to hang in the same spot all weekend.
    The Pine Ridge Campsite offers splendid trees and would be a great place for a group hang.
    what say you all?

    Pine Ridge.jpg
    I am good with this weekend. Only weekend I foresee as unavailable will be the weekend right before Halloween.

  10. #60
    Skygzr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    St.Louis, MO
    Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear UQ,TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Posts
    682

    any takers?

    Ok guys, anyone else committing to this weekend?

    Skygzr
    Radiohead
    _______
    _______
    _______

    put your names in
    "nature speaks in the silence between words"
    www.mustexplore.blogspot.com

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-15-2014, 11:18
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-04-2014, 08:13
  3. Replies: 56
    Last Post: 12-27-2012, 08:50
  4. Columbia, SC area hangers
    By Gresh in forum Hangouts, Campouts, and Trip Planning
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-08-2012, 11:09

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •