WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, WB Lynx UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies

So I've got this old Skeeter Beeter before GT bought them

.. lengthy intro (sorry, skip down 2 paragraphs to get to the meat of it)
    Hi y'all. I have been on backpacking hiatus for the past year and since that point I had sold my main hammock (WBBB). Well, I recently watched a few of Shug and Fronkey's latest vids and of course got the bug to get out in the piney woods again.

Admittedly, I had purchased a lightweight tent, sleeping bag, pad in the interim and went back to ground for my last few outdoor outings. It had it's advantages, e.g. I was able to get warm faster (I didn't have really nice quilts while hanging originally); however, i never could get a relaxing nights sleep.

So, with that said, I still have my old (pre-Grand Trunk) Skeeter Beeter that I first purchased on a whim before even realizing hammock camping was such a huge thing. My first trip with it, a few years ago, was a failure and resulted in the bug net loops getting ripped from bug net. It also has some not-so-usable suspension methods (pictures below).

I'm really wanting to replace the suspension method, add a ridgeline, and lastly patch up the ripped holes in the bug net, picture below, (I was originally thinking i'd just cut off the existing bug net, attempt to sew up the cut edges and then attempt to make my own bug net similar to Fronkey's, but I think I may just keep the bug net and patch it as mentioned).

At any rate, I had looked at Dutch's non-hennessey suspension kits and think those would suffice it to replace the odd suspension method from the pics above, however, I'm lost on what I should use for the suspension line for this type of hammock and also, for the patching of the bug net, could I just buy some Tulle and a fabric tape to put over the holes? If yes, what is the "right" type of tape to use for this type of fabric and also would be moisture/humidity "repellant"?

Thanks much for any insight and i'm definitely looking forward to getting back to hammocking and just outdoors in general. This time, I'm going to do it right and purchase a proper underquilt (i kept my 2 season JRB No Sniveler) and probably splurge for a cuben fiber tarp from hammock-gear most likely.

-def

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, WB Lynx UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    *sigh* I'm embarrassed; after I posted this, I went back through the stickies in this very forum and saw Knotty's gathered end hammock how-to. Anyway, I'll just watch some more videos and read before posting redundant questions and cries for help.

Hammock
    ENO Singlenest
    Tarp
    ENO Dryfly
    Insulation
    Cc foam pad+bag
    Suspension
    Webbing
    As far as repairing the holes, the one in the pic looks small enough to be stitched closed. Wouldn't be the prettiest, but a few minutes with needle and thread could close those up.

• + New Posts