Hammock
    Multicam Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Multicam Bushcraft
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Buckles and straps
    My hennessey lacks a holster. I would appreciate some photos and measurements. I think I will be retrofitting one into mine. I had Mountain Goat make me a mesh ridge line bag of heavier material. It is quite nice. For now that is where my handgun will rest.

Nice to read I'm not the only one...and evidence that there are civil ways to discuss hammock use and personal safety. I frequent a few fora where the predominant subject is the theme of the forum. I appreciate a bit of latitude as many of us blend various themes I to our outings.

Hammocks and mileage.
    Hammocks and travel.
    Hammocks and hunting.
    Hammocks and fly fishing.
    Hammocks and the ultra lighters.
    Hammocks and those who believe two or four legged danger may exist.

It is a wonderful place, Hammock Forums, it is.

Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12, Vertex
    Insulation
    UGQ 40°/20° to 30°
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumbles View Post
    My hennessey lacks a holster. I would appreciate some photos and measurements. I think I will be retrofitting one into mine. I had Mountain Goat make me a mesh ridge line bag of heavier material. It is quite nice. For now that is where my handgun will rest... It is a wonderful place, Hammock Forums, it is.
    Hi Ed, honestly to call it a "holster" is a bit of a stretch with the requirements I would have for a holster (it's more of a nylon pouch) but that's what it's designed for. I haven't gotten mine unpacked to look but on last week's 4-day ALW trip I found I could easily stash my 3"x5.5" cell phone in it. Think a rectangle patch pocket, about 6" long by 4" high, sewn up high on the right side near the head. The way the gathered end Clark hammock bunches rather than lays totally flat gives it girth. The top edge is open, and the edge facing the head end of the hammock is partially open. A pistol or revolver barrel world be inserted upside down into the top edge and slid forward so the barrel is sticking out of the side edge pointing to the head end of the hammock, away from the body and the top of the receiver rests on the bottom of the pocket.

There is nothing to protect the fabric from being caught and torn by front and rear sights. I doubt the side opening is large enough for a holstered weapon barrel to fit through so I don't think I'd use it for its designed purpose without (at least semi-) permanently attaching a heavy gauge vinyl sleeve with a "surround" to protect the fabric in and around the holster. IMHO an unpadded/unlined so-called "ballistic" nylon reinforcement would not be of much help. Figuring out a way to attach the holster you use for carry such as sewing in a Molle chest rig would be a better way.

Hammock
    Multicam Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Multicam Bushcraft
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Buckles and straps
    Thanks B. if it has a layer, a belt clip holster may fit inside or alongside. I have a few options already and like getting more ideas...er...gear!

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123