Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Order Status

Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Wilderness Logics
    MLD tells you up front the order will take about 8 weeks.

Hammock
    BIAS Weight Weenie Micro
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    UGQ Underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings!
    Well I sent out an email over a week ago and unfortunately haven't heard anything back yet.

Oh well, I was hoping to make my fellow hiking buddies jealous with this awesome hammock. Next trip I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by mumblez82 View Post
    Well I sent out an email over a week ago and unfortunately haven't heard anything back yet.

Oh well, I was hoping to make my fellow hiking buddies jealous with this awesome hammock. Next trip I guess.
    Did you call them? Both of their numbers are on the website.

Hammock
    WBRR,WBXLC
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    HG,Wookie
    Suspension
    WEBBING

Order Status

I didn't realize their numbers were on website. That is helpful
    Last edited by dingo; 09-09-2013 at 21:21.
    CLYDE

Hammock
    BIAS Weight Weenie Micro
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    UGQ Underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings!
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyGreen View Post
    Did you call them? Both of their numbers are on the website.
    No, I didn't call. I honestly thought an email was enough. I also left a comment when I originally placed the order. Although, the comment didn't show up in my receipt so that's why I sent an email as well.

I know it was a longshot to get it that quickly and I fully expected it wouldn't happen. I just would appreciate a little better communication on their part. It could take three months as long as they stayed in contact with me and updated me on the progress of my order.

I hope others have a better experience than I have with the customer service end of things. I returned my WWM after a phone conversation with Brian back the end of May. Even with another phone call, and numerous e-mails, I'm still waiting for the new WW he was sending to replace the hammock that was returned. Bottom line, he's told me twice now the hammock would be out within the week and we're now into the fourth month. While I continue to look forward to using the hammock, I'm glad I didn't have any big trips planned where I was expecting to use it. BTW, this process all began with a series of e-mails and phone calls dating back to last March so this has been a very lengthy process.

That's all for now. Take care, good luck in getting your hammock and until next time...Be well.

snapper

Quote Originally Posted by snapper View Post
    I hope others have a better experience than I have with the customer service end of things. I returned my WWM after a phone conversation with Brian back the end of May. Even with another phone call, and numerous e-mails, I'm still waiting for the new WW he was sending to replace the hammock that was returned. Bottom line, he's told me twice now the hammock would be out within the week and we're now into the fourth month. While I continue to look forward to using the hammock, I'm glad I didn't have any big trips planned where I was expecting to use it. BTW, this process all began with a series of e-mails and phone calls dating back to last March so this has been a very lengthy process.

That's all for now. Take care, good luck in getting your hammock and until next time...Be well.

snapper
    WOW, hate to hear this. I've had no issues with BIAS in the past, I hope they get things straightened out.

Hammock
    Clark DLX, ENO SN, BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    OxPalace,Big Squid
    Insulation
    Oxgear, KAQ, WL
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Give Shane a call. I teach middle school and felt like I was calling someones parent, but I was told by Brian 4 different times that my hammock was on the cutting table and would be here Tuesday. It was over nine weeks from the time they received my defective hammock until I got my replacement. The last time I was told it was shipped on Thursday (talked to Shane on Friday)and should be there Saturday. The hammock was actually made over the weekend and shipped overnight to me on Monday (according to the shipping invoice on the package) arriving on Tuesday . It cost them almost $30 for shipping.

Both Brian and Shane sold their old houses, bought and moved into new houses and Brian has even had a job change. These guys make a great product but it is a part time job for both of them. With the popularity of BIAS Hammocks I don't know when they have any time for family or friends.

I do not mind waiting for the hammock because it is the most comfortable one I have ever used and sleep in it most every night. I just do not like being told it's on the way when the product has not even been made. Be up front about it and tell me it will not be ready for two more weeks and I can live with that, but please don't tell me it's already shipped when it has not.
    Everyone ought to believe in something....I believe I'll go set up the hammock!

I did contact Shane today via this forum so I'm fine with waiting a bit longer to hear from him. At this point another week or so, if it takes that long, won't matter much. My biggest complaints are these:
    1. I've been told twice by Brian that the hammock would be sent to me within a week and that's never happened.
    2. I used to operate my own business and I never left a customer waiting to hear back from me. While I can't say they always liked the answer they received, I prided myself on staying in contact and communicating with my customers. As I said to Brian at one point, it's not the answer I have a problem with. It's NOT getting an answer I have had a problem with.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...Be well.

snapper

As an update...Shane did contact me via e-mail and I called him back this morning. He apologized for what's gone on and will try and get back to me as soon as he can with a realistic timeframe for me to expect my hammock. Here's hoping it's not too much longer.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...Be well.

snapper

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast