Tarp
    Black Mega Ogee
    Insulation
    Lotsa options
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling

Do yourself a favor

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    I'm having a similar problem with my WBBBXLC. I'm 290 and 6' ish. Going to have to try putting them straps up even farther.
    Dude, you're gonna die if you don't lose weight. I was up to 260 and the doctor said i was borderline diabetic. Throw in chosterol, high blood pressure and a host of other things obesity provides and you are suddenly Tony Soprano.

I began a serious diet and exercise routine which was a major biach at first but after 6-8 weeks became an easy routine. That was in winter. Now I'm down to 217lbs, hiking 2.5-5 miles a day wearing a backpack and even jogging part of the way.

It takes 6-8 weeks to develop a habit. All you will be doing is replacing bad habits with good ones and the way you feel is more than worth the temporary pain. It is not hopeless unless you believe it is...just take it a day at a time.

After a while you get comfortable with a couple of cookies instead of the whole bag. You'll get buzzed faster with less alcohol. You'll be able to do things your joints won't let you do now. It's not that hard after those first sucky 6-8 weeks. Don't think you can't...I'm 53 yrs old and work 75-90 hrs a day. If i can do it, you can too. Inside, deep deep inside you know you need to...doncha?

Oh...one other thing, be vocal about your goal. It adds pressure when you're feeling weak. Everyone is watching and it makes you watch too. <g> I'm pullin' for ya buddy! Your arse is worth saving but you are the only one that can save it.

Disclaimer: This unsoliticed advice may be worth exactly what you paid for it and can cause anxiety, depression or swelling of the glands. Do not read if you are a serial killer, stopped taking mood medications and/or are planning any trips to California.
    Last edited by BC9696; 07-08-2013 at 17:29.

Hammock
    WBBBXLC 1.7dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG All Around
    Suspension
    Straps and DUTCH
    I appreciate it. I actually lost a great deal of weight last year (going from 330 to 250-260)...then I suffered a 4 month illness and was just shy of bedridden. I put a lot of weight back on. One of the reasons I got the hammock was to rekindle my drive to get out and do things again.
    I understand that I've gotta make a change, and I am working on it, promise! My blood sugar, cholesterol, and bp are all right on. The biggest motivator at this point is that I have a 7 month old, and I want to be around for her as long as I can!
    Thanks for the concern. Any other tips/advice is/would be greatly appreciated.
    -da soon to be former fat guy

Butt, it's too low

Subscribing to the big guy thread.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird xlc
    Tarp
    WB Super Fly
    Insulation
    Pad and blankets
    Suspension
    Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by BC9696 View Post
    I'm a big guy, 225lbs and 6' tall. When I hang my Clark I try to get the tree straps as high on the tree as I can reach but ultimately when the hammock is adjusted so I am nearly flat, my butt is hanging like 6-8 inches from the ground. I use Whoopies so I'm not sinking, it's just my weight. I often wrap my straps more than once around the truck but still sit so low getting outta the hammock is hard. Most video shows guys sitting comfortably at about 18-24" off the ground. What am I doing wrong? I wanna get high enough I can sit comfortably in it and not have rain splash up beneath me. No butt sagging jokes please. <g>
    Later entry... (You are not a big guy, likely about normal these days) I'm 6'3" and weigh 300+ lbs. When I put my straps on a tree I put em a little higher than my head. The result is my hammock is a little higher than my butt. I pull down a little, sit back and I'm about 2' off the ground. I'm comfortable at that height.
    DO... Check your straps. I'd say something is making sag.
    Try your hammock with a lighter person. Look at the trees, how big around are they, are they slick bark trees ect...
    You may see something you missed watching someone else try the set up.
    I watched my Nephew and saw that he didn't snug the straps to the tree. Solved his problem.
    I do admit I worry a problem until I find a solution. Sometimes I go to Plan B.

I know this is a late entry, but if anyone has a problem, don't give up. worry it to death, or find a work around.
    Sometimes I drive my Wife crazy doing this, but I ain't at peace unless I give it all I've got.

Hammock
    W.B. Elderado
    Tarp
    W.B. Edge
    Insulation
    H.G. Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Dutchbeetles
    Trees closer together with cinch buckles doing away with the whoopies will have a lot less stretch.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234