Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY 8x10 silnylon
    Insulation
    CCF, Exped Synmat
    Suspension
    Buckles/carabiners
    I made a Speer clone, but later untied the end knots and whipped them using the instructions in headchange4u's Hennessey clone thread. It's much more comfortable that way. I was getting too much shoulder squeeze before that.

I haven't done the bug net, but will probably use zippers rather than the velcro I sewed onto the hammock.

I also added a single tieout on the head side of the hammock.

Using cinch buckles is much faster, more adjustable, and allows more hang location flexibility. I just use a single wrap around the tree with a climbing carabiner at the end of the webbing. I didn't use any cord, only my existing 1" polypropylene webbing. I sewed a loop to hold the buckle onto a 6" length of webbing on the hammock end.

Hammock
    SBPro/Speer DIY
    Tarp
    8x10 shiny green
    Insulation
    ThermoRest
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by doogman4 View Post
    Here is a link to a current listing for a HH

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=440612

He is asking 145 for the setup brand new never used. Looks like complete with the tarp too.
    Great buy!

Weight limit is 200#? I'm 205 - that's cutting things a little TOO close... as much as I'd like to lose 10 pounds, I'd rather not depend on doing so. lol

That being said, I think I may be looking at an "entry level hammock" for purchase and DIY for ... smaller things. (Bug screen, better tarp than my heavy, green cheapo one, etc etc) :P

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12