Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Fiber de Cuban
    Insulation
    DIY or Wild.Logics
    Suspension
    Whoopies!
    Images
    I don't think I introduced myself yet. I've been reading here so much, doing my homework on a hammock system that will work for me.
    My name is Matt, and my wife and I would like to attend the hang as some ground dwellers, meet some of you fine folks, and see your setups. I have had the pleasure of meeting Caveman during a hike in Arkansas last month. I signed up on the spread sheet. I Look forward to meeting and eating with you guys.
    Southern9

Hammock
    night owl
    Tarp
    diy big blue tarp
    Insulation
    diy JCP jacket uq,
    Suspension
    woooooopieee
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by southern9 View Post
    I don't think I introduced myself yet. I've been reading here so much, doing my homework on a hammock system that will work for me.
    My name is Matt, and my wife and I would like to attend the hang as some ground dwellers, meet some of you fine folks, and see your setups. I have had the pleasure of meeting Caveman during a hike in Arkansas last month. I signed up on the spread sheet. I Look forward to meeting and eating with you guys.
    Southern9
    Caveman is one of a kind. I also met him in Arkansas on my first group hang. This hang is going to be a blast. Look forward to converting you.

Hammock
    Left Handed WBBB, SB Pro
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    DIY SLS
    Images
    Welcome to the group Matt. If you have never been to a hang out you are in for a treat. You say that from your homework you have a system picked out. No disrespect here but that’s like saying I know what a stuffed crab taste like from reading what some food critic had to say about it. Until you can actually lay in one you won’t know if it’s for you or not. My evolution had to be by trial and error in the beginning. I thought that I had what was the perfect hammock for me until last years hang when the opportunity to test out a left handed WBBB (thanks to Granger) and now that is my go to hammock. I don’t believe that anyone at the hang would not let you try what they have (after asking of course). The event is only a few weeks away so if you can hold off buying what ever you think would work for you until after the get together, you can start off with what you know you like. I look foward to meeting you there and again welcome to the forum.
    My ego said, SURE you can.
    Half way in my body said OH NO YOU CAN'T

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

My YouTube

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Fiber de Cuban
    Insulation
    DIY or Wild.Logics
    Suspension
    Whoopies!
    Images
    Drifter, I haven't nailed down a choice yet. I am still in research mode. I will be waiting until after the group hang to "write a check". I ordered a used military mosquito net from Sportsman's Guide on clearance for $6.99. At that price it was worth investigating its reported 16'x9' size. I may be able to slice and dice 2 hammock bug nets out of it. With my hobo hammock II and the elcheapo bug net, I'm only a blue poly tarp away from hanging!

Images
    What page or post # has the menu or food plan for the hang? Trying to figure how I can help out. I have seen repeated random offers of contributions of food but not sure what is happening when.

I am currently all in, but there is something developing in the background at work that might require my attention. I believe I will be able to schedule around it.

Thanks,

Hammock
    night owl
    Tarp
    diy big blue tarp
    Insulation
    diy JCP jacket uq,
    Suspension
    woooooopieee
    Images
    Well my dear uncle Sam is having a few issues, and if he does not resolve them by Nov. First than I don't get paid. Do to poor planing on my part I kinda live solely on my military retirement. And pay day to pay day at best. So let's hope my dear uncle gets his house in alinement so me and little bacon can go. Been looking forward to this hang for a long time. In the end its my fault for my poor planing. Cross your fingers.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    20* zepplin/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by southern9 View Post
    Southern9
    Matt, you're a lucky dude. A hang is a great way to lean whats out there and how stuff works. Also a great place to meet like minded hangers. Can't wait to meet you and your wife.

Quote Originally Posted by swankfly View Post
    What page or post # has the menu or food plan for the hang? Trying to figure how I can help out. I have seen repeated random offers of contributions of food but not sure what is happening when.

I am currently all in, but there is something developing in the background at work that might require my attention. I believe I will be able to schedule around it.

Thanks,
    Granger is cooking a meal the Friday night.
    I am cooking Saturday morning for whom ever is away enough to eat.
    Old River Rat is providing a hog to cook Saturday night.

You can PM those guys and see if they would like some help. Charcoal is a help with the piggy. Plates and utensils also.
    Yosemite Sam: Are you trying to make me look a fool?
    Bugs: You don't need me to make you look like a fool.
    Yosemite Sam: Yer deerrrnnn right I don't!

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    20* zepplin/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Images
    Got to thinking last night, I have had a few people PM me worried about helping and stepping on toes. Please step on them as much as possible. The four of us are by no means have everything under control or even figured out yet. If you want to help in any way it is completely encouraged.

If you have a skill (spoon carving...anyone) you think others might enjoy learning more about shoot me a PM. We will look at making a schedule of events. If you know a vendor and want to hit them up for raffle items please do.
    The guys and I trying to figure out all the bases so we can cover them. I want everyone too feel like they are a part of this hang. Its a hang by the members for the members.

I want everyone to walk away Sunday the 10th having had a great time and maybe having learned something or met someone new. Its all about the LA Hang family growth.
    Yosemite Sam: Are you trying to make me look a fool?
    Bugs: You don't need me to make you look like a fool.
    Yosemite Sam: Yer deerrrnnn right I don't!

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    DIY Pad & Bag
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Re: 3rd Annual Louisiana Fall Hang 11/07-11/10

Amen brother

I am a expert at taking naps so I will be giving many classes on napping. Anyone is welcomed to attend my class.

• + New Posts
  • Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast