Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    DIY SLS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EyesWideShut View Post
    I'd grab a couple of those two packs from Lowe's. I think it's two twenty pound bags that are shrink wrapped together. Can't recall the exact cost. But I do remember thinking it wasn't a bad deal at all and that I personally could use it. I wanna say it was kingsford brand
    That was a good deal, got a couple of them. Thanks for the info.
    My ego said, SURE you can.
    Half way in my body said OH NO YOU CAN'T

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

My YouTube

Hammock
    night owl
    Tarp
    diy big blue tarp
    Insulation
    diy JCP jacket uq,
    Suspension
    woooooopieee
    Images
    Driving in from Tulsa so the sooner you pick the date place and time the better. Beans for everyone!!! Unless you have an thing against pork

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyavmc View Post
    Driving in from Tulsa so the sooner you pick the date place and time the better. Beans for everyone!!! Unless you have an thing against pork
    It's all picked and set. Look at the title and the posts in the thread. Kincaid Rec area, 11/7-11/10.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    20* zepplin/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sandykayak View Post
    In that case, I definitely qualify to be among you!

Just noticed that there is a calendar where people post hang dates. TX is there but not LA.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...o=displaymonth
    It is now

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    You know me, if anybody here knows me....I got a fix for that. DRINK more, sleep LESS!!
    Ha yeah but then you have to wake up the next morning ...and get up.

Quote Originally Posted by bayoubomber View Post
    Ok I'm in even though LSU is playing Bama that weekend but I'll have a radio so no worries (big LSU fan). My wife and kids want to come as well. I have a 10 gallon black iron jambalaya pot that will cook enough for 200 people (my wife and I cook for Relay For Life every year so not a problem). I can cook for everyone on Sat. night. Please let me know if that will be OK or I can cook or bring something else if we will have too much?

Also methinks Spaceweasel is really ready for this hang lol! Can't wait to meet everyone!
    200 is a really big number, gonna have to scale that to maybe 30 or so. I won't tell anyone no if they want to take on some of the side dishes.

As for football, I hope you don't hold it against me, but I don't watch. Not that I'm not a fan but I just can't sit and watch a game on TV, live is a whole other story.

Looks as if I'd better prepare some appetizers as we wait for the main course on Saturday.
    Green beans wrapped in bacon, jalapeño and cream cheese wrapped in bacon, bacon wrapped in bacon. All good choices but I always welcome local food from other areas.

Ha on your way in from Georgia grab a peach pie or two. It doesn't have to fit the roasted piggy theme. It just has to fit into the theme of food.

My cream of mushroom soup on Friday night went down well because some people were pulling up late and didn't have time for a proper meal. I take a few cans and ask for others to bring and we just add to the pot. Worked out OK.

Then, since it was chilly, (23 degs. at night) I made hot chocolate in the morning.
    The hot chocolate is a wonderful idea. I don't know about the cream of mushroom soup. Don't get me wrong I eat it as well as most people from Louisiana, we just throw crawfish into it and a few other things and make a Crawfish étouffée.
    Yosemite Sam: Are you trying to make me look a fool?
    Bugs: You don't need me to make you look like a fool.
    Yosemite Sam: Yer deerrrnnn right I don't!

LA. TX. hangs

Man, Y’all are killing me. Next year there has to be a bit of give and take on the time and location for the “ MAJOR “ hangs. One hang would be fantastic. Just think, 75 - 125 hangers, Great food and companions. What could be better ?.

If a combined LA. TX. hang cannot be worked out, perhaps a two week break in between would allow a person to make both. There has to be a way.

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bald Cypress View Post
    Man, Y’all are killing me. Next year there has to be a bit of give and take on the time and location for the “ MAJOR “ hangs. One hang would be fantastic. Just think, 75 - 125 hangers, Great food and companions. What could be better ?.

If a combined LA. TX. hang cannot be worked out, perhaps a two week break in between would allow a person to make both. There has to be a way.
    +1 on doing both. I had a conflict last year and couldn't make it. I hope to be able to hang with you good folks next year in LA, as well as see some of you in Texas next year too.

As for next year's plan, seeing as we are creatures of habit and have gone with the 2nd weekend in November going on 5 times now, that's likely when we'll do the TX one again too.
    Texas Fall Group Hang 2019

Looking back to last year to reminisce and forward to post Covid-19 hangs in 2021

Texas Hammock Hangers Facebook Group

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    NR UQ, Kelty SB
    Suspension
    Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Bald Cypress View Post

A combined hang with east Texas and Louisiana has been mentioned before, I think someone should take this idea and run with it. And Its also been mentioned that the name would be the LATEX Hang. We could do the first one over the winter sometime (I don't think there is a group hang planned for La or TX in the winter time) at a campground close to the border somewhere in either state. Maybe a new Trip Planning thread is in order to see what kind of response it generates.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL ENO D, WW
    Tarp
    HG Cuben &Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20*TQ & 20* UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    [QUOTE=Jazilla;1086202]It is now

Ha yeah but then you have to wake up the next morning ...and get up.

200 is a really big number, gonna have to scale that to maybe 30 or so. I won't tell anyone no if they want to take on some of the side dishes.

As for football, I hope you don't hold it against me, but I don't watch. Not that I'm not a fan but I just can't sit and watch a game on TV, live is a whole other story.

I can get a smaller pot to handle the 20-30 peeps no problem, I know we will have plenty of food so any extra will be put in ziplocks and sent home with everyone for leftovers!

As for football I'm a big fan BUT it seems I'm becoming a bigger fan of hanging lately.

We will bring what we can and I think we will all be so stuffed with all the great food our hammocks weight limits will be tested!

Also I'm in for a combo Tex/LA hang.

Cant wait to meet everyone!
    "Life's short, if you don't stop and look around every once in a while you might miss it". FB

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lesspayne View Post
    A combined hang with east Texas and Louisiana has been mentioned before, I think someone should take this idea and run with it. And Its also been mentioned that the name would be the LATEX Hang. We could do the first one over the winter sometime (I don't think there is a group hang planned for La or TX in the winter time) at a campground close to the border somewhere in either state. Maybe a new Trip Planning thread is in order to see what kind of response it generates.
    +1 on a combined hang and who would possibly object to joining in with a group of folks met on the internet to go to a Latex weekend event in the woods?

I really like the winter idea. That way the mosquitos won't be so sweaty.

I'll be watching for a thread on a combined hang and gladly participate in it, but as far as starting it, I'd better not right now. My ADoS prevents me from focusing on more than one major event at a time.

If nothing is kicked off until after our mutual hangs, maybe we can each stir up some interest around our repsective November campfires to get the conversation going for something after the first of the year.
    Texas Fall Group Hang 2019

Looking back to last year to reminisce and forward to post Covid-19 hangs in 2021

Texas Hammock Hangers Facebook Group

Hammock
    11' DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Smokehouse HM Su
    Insulation
    sleeping bag conv
    Suspension
    Web and rings
    uncle Mike said:
    +1 on a combined hang and who would possibly object to joining in with a group of folks met on the internet to go to a Latex weekend event in the woods?

I really like the winter idea. That way the mosquitos won't be so sweaty.
    +1 on the LaTex winter hang. Flame on for the campfire chatter. The timing should be easy since both hangs are at the same time, and we can start the post after the events end

• + New Posts
  • Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast