Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images

Thanks to the Forum

You guys are funny. I guess there are a lot of new members that don't know me though.

Me? I'm the details guy. I simply do everything 'admin related' behind the scenes that has to be done....from answering email questions about registration issues...to updating our spam filters.... to playing the bad cop role in good cop/bad cop moderation techniques...to answering the 'tech' questions that the other mods can't... and whatever else comes up. It's a lot, to be sure. I take a lot of grief for the bad cop stuff, but it's honestly necessary. Only the other mods can factually vouch for it, but I stand ready to defend HF's moderation integrity to date.

I don't contribute to the site in the same way that folks like JustJeff, Grizz, WV, and many many others do and have. Their contributions are legion, and make the site what it is. But I still feel my role is important to keeping things running day to day, along with the other mods.

It's thankless and without pay. But I soaked up a lot of info from HF, and have made some stellar friends here. You know who you are my friends! I'm just giving back.

Thanks to everybody that freely shares their ideas, enthusiasm, and advice! Double thanks to those that do it without expectations.

-Sam
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    You're not so bad.
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Hammock
    DIY - Canoe Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    DIY UCRs
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lesspayne View Post
    I've seen him post a lot in the For Sale section, is he the guardian of our sales? And why is he so angry, did a cat get into his nest?
    If he had a nest it would be made of cat fur.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Dangerbird
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ Full Set
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    I think I'm inclined to agree with Sam for once.

Without the members, there would be no community for moderators to police. There would be no forum to serve as a bastion of knowledge for those interested in rising from the soggy depths of the Earth to sleep suspended between two uprights.

Those who stand as educational pillars of this community see plenty of (deserved) recognition...but it's you - the members of Hammock Forums itself - who make Hammock Forums what it is. You feed the community with your lust for knowledge, your zeal for proselytization of the hammock faith, and your desire to generously give back that which you've taken from this place that make it what it is...and THAT above ALL else is why I'm glad to be a part of this website.

(Edit: It's very fitting that this grand post praising that which truly makes this great land of HammockForumsistan is also my landmark 1500th post. Do wonders never cease?)
    I used to be a somebody, now I just camp.

Hammock
    DIY - Canoe Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    DIY UCRs
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gresh View Post
    I think I'm inclined to agree with Sam for once.

Without the members, there would be no community for moderators to police. There would be no forum to serve as a bastion of knowledge for those interested in rising from the soggy depths of the Earth to sleep suspended between two uprights.

Those who stand as educational pillars of this community see plenty of (deserved) recognition...but it's you - the members of Hammock Forums itself - who make Hammock Forums what it is. You feed the community with your lust for knowledge, your zeal for proselytization of the hammock faith, and your desire to generously give back that which you've taken from this place that make it what it is...and THAT above ALL else is why I'm glad to be a part of this website.

(Edit: It's very fitting that this grand post praising that which truly makes this great land of HammockForumsistan is also my landmark 1500th post. Do wonders never cease?)

+1 and great 1500th post..
    Looks like I am about to hit the 1000th post. Think ill do a giveaway or something...All this talk has gotten me feeling all warm and fuzzy inside..
    Ok enough of that...lol

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    NR UQ, Kelty SB
    Suspension
    Straps
    Congrats Gresh & Xtrekker. With that many posts I sure you guys have helped many forum members, thanks guys!!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12