Tarp
    DCF
    Insulation
    Grey Goose Down
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

WTB: Camera

Hello all. I just went outside to take a picture of a black Grey Squirrel that was doing the high wire act on a power line in my backyard for a thread I started a while back. I got the picture but on the way back to the house I dropped my camera and it struck the corner of a concrete brick step in the exact wrong spot. An inglorious death. I'd show you a picture but...

I swear, the next time I see a squirrel (maybe that squirrel) and my slingshot is handy...

Oh well. Obviously, I'm in the market for a camera so I thought I'd see if anyone here might have one they'd like to sell. I don't want to spend more than $100 and would like to have 720p video capability.

Thanks
    "Behold, as a wild a** of the desert, go I forth to my work." -- Guerney Halleck

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss No-Seeum
    Tarp
    Aqua Quest
    Insulation
    CCF, Alpine 45 bag
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Sorry to hear about your camera. For what it's worth, check China-Mart or Amazon for the Nikon CoolPix S30 (the white model, the other colors are more money). I got mine at China-Mart for $65.00. It has the 720p capability you want and I can shoot video in 640p all weekend long on a set of Ultimate AA Lithiums and have plenty of juice left over, I also am using a 32 GB SD card. It is water proof to 10' (I did use a razor knife to open up the microphone hole for better sound), shockproof (haven't tested that yet), 10 megapixel still shots, weighs 7.5 oz. with batteries.

I used JB Weld to attach a couple of hooks to the front and a mini-strap on top so I can attach it via cordage to trees, posts, etc. when I shoot videos while I'm camping. Been using it for 5 months and so far, so good. Yes, you can buy the thinner cameras for more money but you can't just stop at a gas station and pick up a battery for them either
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tophat; 07-09-2013 at 12:10.

Hammock
    HH, CJH NX-250, WBBB 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    Std, Hex, or WBSF
    Insulation
    Burrows&Incubators
    Suspension
    Poly web w/AHE buc

Canon SX-160

I bought one of these for multi-day outings, because it takes 2XAA batteries. No dealing with recharging issues.

Has image stabilization as well. On sale at Best Buy for $133. (old model on close-out)

Jim

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss No-Seeum
    Tarp
    Aqua Quest
    Insulation
    CCF, Alpine 45 bag
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsaults View Post
    I bought one of these for multi-day outings, because it takes 2XAA batteries. No dealing with recharging issues.

Has image stabilization as well. On sale at Best Buy for $133. (old model on close-out)

Jim
    Does it have stabilization on the video side? Unfortunately, the Nikon has it on the pics but does not have it for video but it's not bad at all. Still, I am looking to upgrade but at a reasonable cost (like yours) and the AA batteries are a plus.

Hammock
    HH, CJH NX-250, WBBB 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    Std, Hex, or WBSF
    Insulation
    Burrows&Incubators
    Suspension
    Poly web w/AHE buc

No Image Stabilization for video

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-PowerSho...-160+is+camera

But I am an old SLR film shooter, as well as a firearms shooter. I guess I have IS built into my body.

Still, this has been a great little camera for me. Next project is to fabricate a camera mount for my tadpole trike and shoot some peddling vids. We will how stable those come out.see

Jim

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss No-Seeum
    Tarp
    Aqua Quest
    Insulation
    CCF, Alpine 45 bag
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsaults View Post
    http://www.amazon.com/Canon-PowerSho...-160+is+camera

But I am an old SLR film shooter, as well as a firearms shooter. I guess I have IS built into my body.

Still, this has been a great little camera for me. Next project is to fabricate a camera mount for my tadpole trike and shoot some peddling vids. We will how stable those come out.see

Jim
    Thank you for the link. I myself am a 35mm person, first SLR I had was the Pentax K1000, before that, an oldie that dad brought back when he was in Korea and Vietnam. I also shoot firearms but the red center has been an elusive little critter here lately

Hammock
    Mackinac Bridge
    Tarp
    DCF
    Insulation
    Grey Goose Down
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

re: WTB: Camera

Thanks Tophat & Jsaults. I didn't choose either suggested camera but looking at them set me on the path ... went with a Sony Cyber-Shot for $99 on Amazon. I did spend the extra $15 or $16 for the 2 yr. drop & dunk protection should squirrel voodoo rear its ugly head again.
    "Behold, as a wild a** of the desert, go I forth to my work." -- Guerney Halleck

• + New Posts