Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hammock
    Homemade
    Tarp
    Homemade
    Suspension
    Readystraps

String Theory - New Product by Readystrap

Available soon ! "String Theory" stitched loops. Available in 3/16" to 1/2" braided cord and rope, and between 300 to 1000 pound useful loads.

Shown here, 3mm braided climbers cord

Several uses!

And they weigh practically nothing!

Starting at just $0.99 ea. Inquire by e-mail for custom builds, working loads, and pricing. Or! Visit my website and watch for listings coming soon.

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss No-See-Um No More
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix UQ 20
    Suspension
    ENO Atlus Straps
    I can see many uses for these. Have to remember to check them out next time I'm ordering stuff online. Hope they will be up for order soon on website.

Hammock
    Homemade
    Tarp
    Homemade
    Suspension
    Readystraps
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimms View Post
    I can see many uses for these. Have to remember to check them out next time I'm ordering stuff online. Hope they will be up for order soon on website.
    Hi Pimms,
    I made some of these out of 5-6mm cord a few years ago to hang my extension cords up in the barn. Haven't paid much attention to them since.
    Then, the other night I figured they could be useful for a lot of things.
    I just need to strength test a few sizes before I can offer them as a life support item. The best thing about stitched loop is, "No Knots."
    Knots weaken anything, sometimes by 2/3rds the breaking strength depending on the knot used. You have to be extra careful when you're hanging off of a knot.

Hammock
    Homemade
    Tarp
    Homemade
    Suspension
    Readystraps
    Welp! Pulled the little 3" continuous loop last night and it broke at 900 pounds. Not too shabby for 3mm cord. Can't say as much for the double eye cord. It only made it to 375. Good enough for a tarp though.

Hammock
    Switchback/Lite Owl/WBRR
    Tarp
    CamoPalace/BMJ/TH
    Insulation
    Greylock3/ProdigyX
    Suspension
    Any
    In the first pic, the bottom device, is this a Double D for webbing? Converting a hammock to a Warbonnet type web suspension appeals to me.

Images
    I'd never trust those cords, I'd rather stick to the far better cords we all use like amsteel a,d dynaglide, tougher cords, more resilient to weather, stronger, far more versitile, and easy to make yourself, sorry, but I wouldn't stock too many of these....

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fallkniven View Post
    I'd never trust those cords, I'd rather stick to the far better cords we all use like amsteel a,d dynaglide, tougher cords, more resilient to weather, stronger, far more versitile, and easy to make yourself, sorry, but I wouldn't stock too many of these....
    I dunno.

If climbers rely on this cordage to keep from falling off of mountains, I don't think I'd be shy to use them to keep from falling 20 inches.

900# is somewhat impressive, but I'd be looking for 1200# just to make sure. Weight and bulk would be issues, but I can already see where that bottom thingy would work if the loop was longer to run through a channel end hammock as has been mentioned before, and it certainly would be fine as is in a tarp application if you want to use straps instead of Zing It to protect the tree.

Hammock
    Homemade
    Tarp
    Homemade
    Suspension
    Readystraps
    Quote Originally Posted by whoofit View Post
    In the first pic, the bottom device, is this a Double D for webbing? Converting a hammock to a Warbonnet type web suspension appeals to me.
    Yes, that is the double eye cord sling. The 3MM only made it to 375lb in a break test but I have some 5mm and 6mm that should pull up around 1000 lbs. And still isn't that big. Around 1/8" and 3/16".
    And for the die hard Amsteel and Dyneema crew, I will be making and testing some of them also.

Hammock
    Homemade
    Tarp
    Homemade
    Suspension
    Readystraps
    Quote Originally Posted by fallkniven View Post
    Well I don't stock any at all. I do have rolls of climbing cord though and I make them to order. I also have plans to make them out of Amsteel and Dyneema also so all you Amsteel Dyneema die hards can relax.
    But to be fair. Climbing cord is nothing to ignore. It's made for the climbing industry and has proven strength and abrasion characteristics for even the worst environments. You don't hear much about Amsteel in the rock climbing industry. Although you do hear a lot about Dyneema.

Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    Seems to me that if you made the loop a bit bigger on the buckle it could be double wrapped to keep centered. If you made it a bit longer still it would larks head over any channel or whipped hammock for somebody that wanted to play with strap and buckle suspensions without rebuilding their hammock or for testing a DIY. ;-)
    YMMV

HYOH

Free advice worth what you paid for it. ;-)

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast